News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are These 1970 Charger Seats?

Started by GreenMachine, October 26, 2010, 07:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I bought these today on craigslist from a Chevy guy. He said he thought they looked like Cuda/Challenger seats and thats what he had them listed as. The pattern definately looks '70 Charger. Seems to be Charcoal and not black. The tracks don't look like the ones on my '69 seats. You can tell someone took the mount studs off. I took the panel off the back and the last 2 digits on the tag are "70".
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Ghoste

nvrbdn

yep 70 seats. black wasnt offered in 70.only charcoal
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

GreenMachine

So the seat tracks are correct for a '70?

Ghoste

nvrbdn

i talked to them and they said so many people insisted they wanted black that they decided to make black but the true offering was charcoal only.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 26, 2010, 09:33:51 PM
im not sure of the tracks on those seats cuz i have 69 seats in my 70, im sure someone will know though :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 26, 2010, 09:37:30 PM
i talked to them and they said so many people insisted they wanted black that they decided to make black but the true offering was charcoal only.

That's cool.  They should have an addendum on their site explaining that it's a non stock color.
Thanks man. :2thumbs:

GreenMachine

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 26, 2010, 09:39:53 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on October 26, 2010, 09:33:51 PM
im not sure of the tracks on those seats cuz i have 69 seats in my 70, im sure someone will know though :shruggy:

I've been searching the internet for pics with no luck, and finally I decided to check Ebay. Sure enough they are '70 B body tracks. Thanks for you help guys.

gtx6970

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 26, 2010, 07:13:29 PM
   70 Charger

Yes,

and the tracks are 1970 B-body only I think.
the mounting pattern to the seat frame is different from 68-69

Iceyone

Nice score. I've been trying to find a set of 70 buckets for my Bee. Although I find a few sets now and then, most people try to rob you on the price. As far as charcoal goes, I had a 70 Charger SE with a black um charcoal interior including leather buckets. I didn't know my black interior was really charcoal until I discovered this site.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

GreenMachine

Quote from: Iceyone on October 29, 2010, 10:03:07 PM
Nice score. I've been trying to find a set of 70 buckets for my Bee. Although I find a few sets now and then, most people try to rob you on the price. As far as charcoal goes, I had a 70 Charger SE with a black um charcoal interior including leather buckets. I didn't know my black interior was really charcoal until I discovered this site.

I've been looking for a while too, just local though, didn't want to mess with shipping. When this came up on craigslist for $150 and about a 3 hour round trip, I jumped on it. I'm still looking for the back seat though. A previous owner of my car used a '69 as a donor car for the interior. They had to mangle the hooks on the floor to get the '69 rear seats in. I'll probably go with Legendary for the door panels.