News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to go from here?

Started by chargedup68, October 09, 2010, 09:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargedup68

So after eight years I got the body done and now I need to know where to go from here so I don't end up doing anything over or unnecessary.  I have big ideas for the car, but no plan at this point and need some help prioritizing.  I want to put a 4 link in it and need to swap out the 742 for a used 489 3rd member and add a locker, put a 4 link in the back end, cut up the trunk floor to intall a fuel cell, put disc brakes on the car, add a tubular front end set up, redo the interior that is gone, put in a stroker motor, install subframe connectors, new hinge pins, etc, etc...
68 Charger, 608/683 505 cu in. Muscle Motors Stroker, MASS Flo EFI. Reilly Motorsports Alterkation/Street Lynx suspension, Wilwood brakes, Strange Dana 60 4.11 gears, Tremec TKO 600

mAdMoPaR

Looking good!! I wish as I was as far along as that! I'm still stuck in this stage (see pic). Sounds like you have quite a bit planned your ride. Alot of great info here though, someone will surely chime in soon. BTW is that satin black paint or is it just primer? What hood and scoop is that(fiberglass or steel)? Looks pretty wicked!

richRTSE

Quote from: chargedup68 on October 09, 2010, 09:26:17 AM
So after eight years I got the body done and now I need to know where to go from here so I don't end up doing anything over or unnecessary.  I have big ideas for the car, but no plan at this point and need some help prioritizing.  I want to put a 4 link in it and need to swap out the 742 for a used 489 3rd member and add a locker, put a 4 link in the back end, cut up the trunk floor to intall a fuel cell, put disc brakes on the car, add a tubular front end set up, redo the interior that is gone, put in a stroker motor, install subframe connectors, new hinge pins, etc, etc...

Well, with a stroker, 4-link, fuel cell, frame connectors, etc sounds like your building a pretty serious machine. How fast of a car are you planning on building? I'm thinking you may want to just upgrade to a Dana rear end now instead of after you start breaking parts...

chargedup68

It's in primer now, but it will be satin black when its all said and done.  Had a hard time deciding on what color to paint and tried the flat black primer to get a feel for the color on the car.  I love it, it shows off the body lines and how straight the car is.  The hood is a custom fiberglass job I got from a guy in Louisiana.  I have the old one to, but the scoop totally changes the look of the car.  good point on the Dana 60, the cars probably going to see a racetrack at some point and I might as well build it right the first time.
68 Charger, 608/683 505 cu in. Muscle Motors Stroker, MASS Flo EFI. Reilly Motorsports Alterkation/Street Lynx suspension, Wilwood brakes, Strange Dana 60 4.11 gears, Tremec TKO 600

SFRT

suspension,brakes and rear end first.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargedup68

Sounds good, now just need to figure out which route to go for suspension.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE