News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Budget under body surface rust treatment...

Started by ramairthree, October 26, 2010, 08:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramairthree

I have not been thrilled with rustoleum products.
I have done yard stuff and had them rusting through in months.

Krylon rust tough I hit the surface rust on my javelin with to hold until I get to body work.  Nothing coming through in about 6 months (but dont know whats going on under it)

How is eastwood rust encapsulator?  Is it worth the price. (if rust tough is about 5$ a can, this stuff is like 20$)

Is POR worth it?  My goal is to get under car, clean, then coat/paint.

It will either be brush on POR with rust tought rattle can over it,

rust encapsulator black

or rust tough alone.

What has worked for you guys-
goal low cost rust delay/improved looks.

Thank you.

jaak

Keep in mind I haven't used it, but on some autobody forums I hang out at, alot of guys recommend "zero rust". Everyone that uses it prefers it over por15, rust bullet, etc. On top of that its not that expensive, and is available in spray cans, quarts, and gallons and in several different colors. Like I said, I personally haven't used it, not trying to push it, just thought it might be something you wanna check in to.

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=RCAC

Jason

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce