News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New seat covers...is this normal?

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, October 24, 2010, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I just bought new seat covers from Legendary and got a call from the shop concernced that they don't fit right. The attached picture shows the top of the seats. Notice the angle of the cover as shown on the top (original) cover vs. the new one on the bottom. The original one does not have much of a 90* angle on the top of the seat like the new one does. Is this because the originals have lost most of their foam due to age and use? Is this normal? Should I send these back to Legendary?

The color of the original center panel is a replaced piece of fabric I guess. This is the only seat that has this parchment type material.

twodko

I dunno........it's hard to tell until streched over the seat. Couldn't hurt to have your upholstery guy mount it up and then eyeball it. Let the gang know what's what with it. good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Sixt8Chrgr

Went to the shop today and saw the covers for myself. Unfortunately, the covers are not made right. The vinyl on the side of the seat is wrinkled and bunched up. Additionally, the pleats are not straight across the back of the seat they are at a slight angle. My upholstory man showed me how they had sewn the covers as compared to the originals and it is pretty obvious they screwed up. I sent Legendary pictures of the cover and have a call into the technical department but have not spoken to a decision maker as of yet. I hope they do the right thing, these covers are not right.

I will keep all posted.

twodko

I'm confident Legendary will make it right, its a good company. Mistakes do happen but when they get your new correct covers to you this glitch will simply be a little time lost.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

Agreed.  You need to call them and get it sorted out.

DC_1

I've seen them ship out 68 covers with messed up pleats before, with them at an angle instead of going straight across as you described. In fact, Gary over at Diamond Trim who is one of the preimer upholstery shop in North America order some covers from legendary for his own personal  68 charger and they suffered from the angled pleats.  

Sixt8Chrgr

The seat covers are defective and have gone back to Legendary.

I will keep you posted.

Ghoste

I think before it's all over you will come out satisfied. ;)