News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Challenger Drag Pack SRT10

Started by Ghoste, May 07, 2011, 04:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

This may not be the perfect forum for this but I figured the people who read this area most often would appreciate it the most.  The good news is that I just had a chance to drive a new Challenger Drag Pack car with the Viper engine in it.  The bad news is I wasn't able to do anything more than idle the car around.  It was shipped without a rollcage and a very stern warning form Dodge that the vehicle was NOT to be staged, launched or driven over 5 mph as the rear suspension was temporarily located until the roll cage is installed.  Same thing for the front and rear glass.  It was still pretty cool though.  Car starts easily, idles at 1000 rpm and has that funny 10 cylinder bark to it.  TCI trans, converter and shifter.  The entire grille is dedicated to air feed with the small lower valence opening being ducted to the rad.  Padded racing buckets too which were nice.  Funny to see the big gaping hole in the center of the steering wheel where all the airbag stuff was.  All in all it seemed a pretty well thought out package.  Took a ton of pics but unfortunately I don't have any way to upload them to this laptop.
Go Dodge!!

BrianShaughnessy

I kinda thought for that almost $100K asking price it would be ready to drive and should actually come with a cage.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TexasStroker

Sweet, I saw a few in Vegas finished out spartan (simple black names over the biw) and then some that were done up to the tilt.  Impressive you held it below 5 mph.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

Dodge are pretty "adamant" about the use of the vehicle before completion.  I think the cage deal is so that the race teams can assemble whatever setup they feel is most to their individual needs.  I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that you can buy them turnkey as well.
There was another one passed through here today and it was the V8 version but I didn't get behind the wheel of that one.

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Budnicks

Quote from: 68X426 on June 13, 2011, 05:31:42 PM
I see there is one for sale on e-bay, the buy-it-now is $83,550.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-Mopar-Challenger-Drag-Pak-V10-512-Cu-Race-NHRA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2311921638QQitemZ150618641976QQptZRaceQ5fCarsQ5fNotQ5fStreetQ5fLegalQ5f
That link shows the car has a 2 sp transmissin (GM powerglide?) and a 9" gear (ford 9"?) I know these are very common swaps for race cars, but why in a special MOPAR Drag Pak car, especially for Super Stock racing & the  3250lbs is a heavy beast... just spitballing...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Cooter

Waist of money..Rich guys toy...Too much money for a car you can't even drive/race out the box. Only thing is, there are too many idiots lining up hoping these turn into the Hemi Darts/Barracudas of yesterday as far as price goes.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

I disagree but time will tell.  You cant race it out of the box because most teams have a specific cage suspension setup they wish to utilize.  Also, IIRC, there is an option available to buy it race ready.  If they turn out to be a big zero in competition then your statement bears out but until they get some races behind them I'm willing jto give them the benefit of the doubt.  As to their price point, I would bet that any of the other Stock Elminator or Super Stock class cars are spending an equivalent sum to enjoy any success. :Twocents: