News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mOPAR pENTASTARS R gOING AwAY...

Started by Brock Samson, October 21, 2010, 03:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

41husk

That seems like more expense than the dealer will possibly gain in additional sales :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Trashing the past is "progress" at work. Not sure how the new Challenger escaped this nonsense but we'll take it.

fc7_plumcrazy

I feel sorry for removing the past which is part of the company.

Carsten

Black Charger

This is a bit ridiculous and over the top. It seems that every time Chrysler gets sold they lose just a little bit more of their identity. So far, the Challenger is the only remaining link to Chrysler's past. If FIAT decides to get rid of that one too, then I have a feeling that most die hard Chrysler fans will probably never buy a new product from them again.

69bronzeT5

If the Pentastar signs go down at my work, I'll be the one taking them down (it's a part of my job). They're not going in the garage though, they're going straight into the trunk of my car :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

41husk

remember us little guys, if that happens :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Black Charger on October 22, 2010, 06:14:36 PM
This is a bit ridiculous and over the top. It seems that every time Chrysler gets sold they lose just a little bit more of their identity. So far, the Challenger is the only remaining link to Chrysler's past. If FIAT decides to get rid of that one too, then I have a feeling that most die hard Chrysler fans will probably never buy a new product from them again.

At least they still make the Dodge Ram pickup, I guess that's a link to the past.  :shruggy: Wouldn't surprise me if they got rid of the Ram too. Trucks and muscle cars don't fit the FIAT company profile of small green vehicles.

C_stripes

Cody,

Good luck getting the signs, I hope you do. But I will tell you if its anything like it was when we changed our signs at the Toyota dealer, a company came in, took the old signs down and had the new ones up in less than a day. No one that actually worked at the dealer even got to touch anything.

It is sad that they are doing away with the past. But in order to keep up, they have to "modernize". That's why a lot of dealerships don't use balloons anymore. They are so 1900's. :) I am surprised it has taken this long for Chrysler to update their signage. Most other manufacturers have done so long ago.

Also, It is always at the dealers expense.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: C_stripes on October 24, 2010, 03:59:07 PM
Cody,

Good luck getting the signs, I hope you do. But I will tell you if its anything like it was when we changed our signs at the Toyota dealer, a company came in, took the old signs down and had the new ones up in less than a day. No one that actually worked at the dealer even got to touch anything.

It is sad that they are doing away with the past. But in order to keep up, they have to "modernize". That's why a lot of dealerships don't use balloons anymore. They are so 1900's. :) I am surprised it has taken this long for Chrysler to update their signage. Most other manufacturers have done so long ago.

Also, It is always at the dealers expense.

My dealership is too cheap :lol: I'm the one that has to do it. The owner decided he didn't want the string banners on the top of the light poles anymore so he made a salesman climb up there and take them off ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 24, 2010, 01:11:03 PM
Quote from: Black Charger on October 22, 2010, 06:14:36 PM

At least they still make the Dodge Ram pickup, I guess that's a link to the past.  :shruggy: Wouldn't surprise me if they got rid of the Ram too. Trucks and muscle cars don't fit the FIAT company profile of small green vehicles.

There is no Dodge Ram pickup anymore. It's only Ram now... no Dodge. :rotz:

mauve66

thats a shame, thats what causes you to lose brand identity and a loyal following, you don't see GM and FORD changing their i.d. like they did with dodge and plymouth, the pentastar was an icon
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

stripedelete

Disassociated your company from a heritage (symbol) that was far more bad than good?  Makes perfect sense to me.

Post WWII, Chrysler's "Glory" lasted for about 5 years in the 60's (some would argue - 3 years).

Trying not to be a hater.  I like the pentastar, myself.  But, I bet half of Jeffrey Damar's family changed their name too.

C_stripes

Cody,

For our dealer, it wasn't a choice. Like they said in the write up about the new signage, its all through one company. The signs are made by that company and put up by that company. They don't have a choice. As for all the extra signs advertising sales and all that crap. Yes, that is all up to the dealer to put up and take down. But the "brand" signs, though paid for by the dealer, still belong to the "brand". The dealer has NO control over them.

The local Nissan dealer down here had to, out of their own pocket totally remodel their building inside and out or loose the franchise. No choice! You'll understand a lot better after you spend a few years working for a car dealership. The auto industry is a hard industry to work for really.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Ghoste

Quote from: stripedelete on October 25, 2010, 08:49:44 AM
Disassociated your company from a heritage (symbol) that was far more bad than good?  Makes perfect sense to me.

Post WWII, Chrysler's "Glory" lasted for about 5 years in the 60's (some would argue - 3 years).

Trying not to be a hater.  I like the pentastar, myself.  But, I bet half of Jeffrey Damar's family changed their name too.

Sorry but I don't even slightly agree with that.  Chrylser has an incredible history of engineering achievement to be proud of and it lasted one helluva lot longer than 3 to 5 years.  The technology center was one of the reasons Daimler wanted to buy them in recent years and the research into high compression engines, turbines, and hemispherical combustion chambers all began way before the 60's.    How about successfully launching the Plymouth line during the Depression, do you not think that was a glorious acheivement?  Plymouth once outsold Ford and knocked hard on Chevrolet's door you know.  
How about styling?  Agreed, there were some years where they lagged behind the other automakers, but there are other years where they made everyojne else sit up and take notice and it most certainly wasn't just with the 68-70 Charger.  The Foreward Look cars of the 50's, the New Chrysler Corporation cars of recent years (tell me the Viper isn't an exciting car in every way).  Even the Intrepid with the cab forward design was something the other mfg's  got caught with their pants down on stylistically.  How about the groundbreaking Carravan.  The Chrysler Imperial CG lof the pre war classics is one of the most beautiful cars to come out of that period.
The Chrysler heritage has an enormous catalog of things to brag about and if Walter P. were still alive I bet he'd slap you silly.

Brock Samson