News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torque Converter suggestions

Started by TXcharger70, October 21, 2010, 09:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

Ok I need some input on what stall converter i should run. I spoke with TCI and they recommended a 3500 stall and then i spoke with Boss Hog and they recommended 2200 to 2800 or 2800 to 3200. What do you guys recommend?
My setup is 383 (496) stroker
Comp cam xs282s duration 282 intake 290 exhaust
currently i have a 750 may be going to 850
Dual plane intake eddy
3:55 gears
727 trans
440 source heads
guess i am about 3200lbs
have about 26 in tire
This would be mainly a street rod build might see the track once in a while not often.
Want to be able to use the hwy
What are you guys thoughts? I would appreciate the input

1Bad70Charger

Call Sean at Dynamic Converter 302-454-9203.  He has a wealth of knowledge, answers his phone pretty consistently, good customer service, and builds a very good product for a decent price (will cost you around $590 shipped).  :2thumbs:

I am certain (Sean at Dynamic) will recommend their 9.5 or 10 inch street/strip converter that Ron (Firefighter) was  using successfully b/f the black pig's deconstruction  ;); and he was a BIG FAN of that converter and  I have a brand new one in its box sitting next to me, going into my car this off season.  I recall Ron stating that in his old 446 engine in his 68 Charger this converter would flash up to around 4000 to 4500 rpm at the track and feel like stock on the street until you mashed the pedal; and that converter would seem like a REALLY good fit for your set-up and per Ron's suggestion to me that is why I went that route.  :cheers:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

Rob R

I use PTC or Ultimate...I'd call Lane at PTC and get a 9.5 and if your really going to be leaning on it get the steel stator.