News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Racing with "lifsgrt" (Jerry) fellow Dodge Charger Member

Started by R2, October 18, 2010, 08:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

Went racing this weekend in Bowling Green Kentucky, (Beech Bend Raceway),,,with Jerry (lifsgrt),,I brought my 65 Belvedere,,,and he had his 69 Charger,,,,,,he is a member here on the board. 

He has a very nice 69 RT/SE Charger,, :2thumbs:,,His car was running well,,,,he mentioned the race weight on his car is close to 4100 lbs  :o ( might be the relative of the Black Pig ,,,ie Ron's 68 Charger lol  :rofl: )
I put some pics of his car,,,,,,he was able to get it to the mid/low 11's, very respectable..... :cheers:

Here is one of my 65 Belvedere...........I got a new best that weekend,,,,,my car ran a 10.08.  :cheers:

ET slip for the Belvedere..... :2thumbs:

bull

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

greenpigs

Very nice Charger, I need to look lifsgrt up for more info on his car. R2 your ride is just as kick aZZ I just like the 69 more. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

firefighter3931

Very cool  :coolgleamA:  Jerry's car is incredibly clean and is a true street/strip ride  :2thumbs: I believe it now has a 500in stroker installed and has lost a whole second in ET vs last year. Nice work Jerry   :cheers:

Doug, congrats on the new bests. It will run a high 9 at some point.....you're ohhhh so close !  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Brass

R2

Jerry, I upgraded the fuel system. I got rid of that previous, small filter.  Put on a 100 micron Aeromotive filter,,,re-did the vent line.  Hope to get back out this weekend.
(ps,,,i also "filtered" the gas thru my shirt) LOL

Did you try that beer yet ? ( told Ron i brought you some Alexander Keiths)

ps,,,the website that shows the pic's from the event over the weekend,,has them posted....

Doug

ionracer24

uh, cough cough u need to um cough workonthatreactiontimealilbit cough......... :hah:  jk lolol   :nana:
Real race cars have three pedals......

R2

Earth to Jerry,,,you out there,,,come in,,,over,,, ;D
Hope he see's the thread and pics of his car................... :2thumbs:

ps,,,,if you dont go RED once in a while,,,your not trying hard enough........ lol  :2thumbs: :RantExplode: :lol:

R2

Just got off the phone with Jerry,,,,10/30/10
He went back to Beech Bend this weekend,,,sounds like he got a NEW BEST,,,,,  :2thumbs: Knockin on the 10's perhaps ???   
I'll let him fill in the details,,,,but his car is haulin the mail now.........  :cheers: :notworthy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Lifsgrt

Hey fellas...back on the planet and just back from Bowling Green today.  Ran a new best of 11.27 @120, still more in her though...plugs were dark when I pulled them.  Down to 1.65 60' times...must be those 3:23s and 4100 pounds worth of car and driver.  Probably ought to try this bullet in something lighter?
  Standard fare today, me and about 4 other Mopar guys in a sea of Chevys and Mustangs.  Dang, wish we could make a better showing from the Mopar crowd.  Weather was great, wish you guys could've been there. And yea, I've just finished up one of those India Pale Ales Ron...eh?  Doug, thanks for posting this thread.  We need to do this more often!  It's very therapeutic!  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
Best time 11.07@121

BBKNARF

68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Lifsgrt

Hey Doug, don't knock it if it works!!   :2thumbs: I'm looking forward to seeing the Belvedere now... I'm thinking 9's??  :cheers:
Best time 11.07@121

BSB67

Quote from: Lifsgrt on October 31, 2010, 12:06:45 AM
Hey fellas...back on the planet and just back from Bowling Green today.  Ran a new best of 11.27 @120, still more in her though...plugs were dark when I pulled them.  Down to 1.65 60' times...must be those 3:23s and 4100 pounds worth of car and driver.  Probably ought to try this bullet in something lighter?
  Standard fare today, me and about 4 other Mopar guys in a sea of Chevys and Mustangs.  Dang, wish we could make a better showing from the Mopar crowd.  Weather was great, wish you guys could've been there. And yea, I've just finished up one of those India Pale Ales Ron...eh?  Doug, thanks for posting this thread.  We need to do this more often!  It's very therapeutic!  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

Very nice!!!!  :punkrocka:

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

firefighter3931

Congrats Jerry, excellent results !  :cheers: Glad to hear you're enjoying the Canuckian brew  :icon_smile_big:

Are you running the same 275/60 MT drag radials ? I'm sure there's some more ET left in it with a gear swap. I bet you're running through the traps at barely 5000 with that gear/tire combo  ;)

Geez, now you need to install a rollbar....the downward spiral begins  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Lifsgrt

Ron, was running 255 tires last year, now 275s.  I'm just out of 2d gear when I go thru the traps, thinking 3:91s or 4:10s will help.  I also have to figure out the best RPM to shift. Time will tell.  How's that 572 coming along?  Thanks for the brews!  :cheers:
Best time 11.07@121

Lifsgrt

Test and tune tomorrow at Bowling Green Dragstrip, gates open at 1100.  $5 to get in, $5 to run.  Let's see what a little jetting change does.   :2thumbs:
Best time 11.07@121

firefighter3931

Quote from: Lifsgrt on November 02, 2010, 09:35:14 PM
Ron, was running 255 tires last year, now 275s.  I'm just out of 2d gear when I go thru the traps, thinking 3:91s or 4:10s will help.  I also have to figure out the best RPM to shift. Time will tell.  How's that 572 coming along?  Thanks for the brews!  :cheers:

Yep, it needs more gear !  :icon_smile_big: I bet it likes 5800-6000 shiftpoints  ;)

The 572 is running fine but i'm having trans issues (low line pressure) so it has to come back out. It's an issue with the front pump because we checked the valvebody and it's fine. I had a Billet pump gear installed and the builder thinks that the clearances are too loose so he want to machine the pump to tighten things up.

Unfortunately our race season is done so i won't get to test it out until next spring.  :P

Quote from: Lifsgrt on November 05, 2010, 07:32:36 PM
Test and tune tomorrow at Bowling Green Dragstrip, gates open at 1100.  $5 to get in, $5 to run.  Let's see what a little jetting change does.   :2thumbs:

Good luck and have fun !  :cheers:

Ron

R2