News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What color White was used for the side markers on a tail stripe car?

Started by A34, October 16, 2010, 05:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys,

Putting a White tail stripe on my car today. What color White was used for the sider marker housing? Is it something I can get at a parts store or is it some special Mopar paint mix that will cost me big bucks at the paint store?

Thanks !!
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

charger Downunder

[/quote]

A34

Quote from: A34 on October 16, 2010, 05:08:51 PM
Hey Guys,

Putting a White tail stripe on my car today. What color White was used for the sider marker housing? Is it something I can get at a parts store or is it some special Mopar paint mix that will cost me big bucks at the paint store?

Thanks !!

1969 baby !
Deo Vindice

doctor4766

Ask your stripe supplier for the Pantone color code of the vinyl he's supplying.
That way you can order the same code for the paint and it will match.

"The Pantone Color Matching System is largely a standardized color reproduction system. By standardizing the colors, different manufacturers in different locations can all refer to the Pantone system to make sure colors match without direct contact with one another."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantone
Gotta love a '69

A34

Great advice, but I bought it from YO, years ago. Don't even know if they have the same supplier. But, I guess, I could give them a call and try.

Thanks !
Deo Vindice

doctor4766

In that case I'd take the stripe along to your paint store and ask them to try match it off a chart.
Gotta love a '69