News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear window

Started by billssuperbird, September 10, 2010, 09:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

any one need rear window for there superbird. jim kramer has two oem rear glass. 724-285-5566.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

montana bird

Just got the last one Thank you so much. :icon_smile_big:

oldcarnut

Thanks for the post Bill  :cheers:  Real nice people to talk with.  I got the other one  :2thumbs:

billssuperbird

oldcarnut

Got my glass window in.  Had the DOT and Tempered SFT Glass emblems as well as the Chrysler Symbol. They packed it up real good.  Hopefully by this time next year I'll have it in.  

montana bird

Looks good still waiting on mine to show up.  :popcrn:

billssuperbird

A383Wing

stoopid question here...is '70 'Bird window unique to only the 'Birds?

oldcarnut

As far as I've ever heard yes.  Must be why they cost so much and very hard to find. At $595 this was the cheapest one I have heard of in a while yet alone available.  Theyr'e scarce as Birds teeth  :D.  but I'm sure some people know where some are if they need one.  I thought after the car show storm fiasco where some Birds had their glass busted out it would difficult.  I did find someone a few years back that had a couple for $600 at a glass place but that's no longer around.  Actually after looking at my kit price breakdown the lexan window wasn't must cheaper.  Its still a lot of money but nothing about these wing cars aren't.

billssuperbird

momtana bird did you get your window.

montana bird

:2thumbs: I just got it last week. The guy that built the wood crates had been under the weather. The other guy that built them had a hockey accident. I was getting nervous thinking it might not come. When it showed up I had it shipped to my buddys auto part store in town to save on shipping. He called me and said get down here and open it up. The truck driver wants to leave, and bring your screw gun to open it.  20 minutes later I showed up there with my cordless drill and when I was walking to the back shipping room he said don't bother I sent it back.  :brickwall:    It was broke  :nana:  Then he said looks good and had to open it as the truck driver was getting impatient. He said the truck driver was better when he explained that there are not many left in the USA, and that i just spent $2400 on a steel rear window plug to go with this $800 window. They Packaged it really good. Thank you again I am really happy to score a rear window I have been looking for a while. Even glass seekers in new york said good luck.  They are supposed to reproduce them in California and are working on tooling, But you never know between now and then.

billssuperbird