News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger barn find on ebay, cleanest ever?

Started by Charger440RDN, October 13, 2010, 03:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vainglory, Esq.

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:

Seems interesting (to me) that it was color changed early in it's life from white, obviously not the most popular color yrs ago..... but to gold?  :shruggy:

FWIW, 11k seems in there, maybe to some high, but finding a build sht, fender tag, numbers matching car ... they do not come up as bldrs every day, I would have believed a little higher depending where in the country or out of country wanted it.  I love white, but even a couple other options, say if it was factory black, I would have thought in the mid teens easy.  Nice that they are leaving in place the build sht (so it does not get lost or damaged more, for the time being anyway). 

bakerhillpins

Changing to gold was probably due to the gold interior? If the interior was more tan then I could see several other colors but I don't have any personal experience with a gold 68 interior.  :shruggy:

The auction states and you can see in the pics that the broadcast sheet is from a 318 car.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ACUDANUT

That thing looks like it was in about 12 different accidents.  I can't believe it sold for 11K. :o

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Certainly, for comparison sake, the brown 69 R/T was the deal of the decade at just about twice that price... :Twocents:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 07, 2011, 11:12:40 AM

The auction states and you can see in the pics that the broadcast sheet is from a 318 car.

I was all proud of myself for seeing the broadcast sheet wasn't correct & was gonna mention it but luckily you saved me.   ;)

Since it's the wrong sheet, why even show a pic of it?   :shruggy:  Wrong sheet is the wrong sheet.  It adds zero value just because you have one.  

Whatever it takes to move a rig I guess.

ACUDANUT

I bet the person selling it was hoping nobody would notice that :shruggy:

troy.70R/T

awesome car. I see the car was in Minnetonka MN just  a FYI that is where Tonka toys are made. or were made my Aunt used to work at the Factory.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Evolution69

Would of been nice if there was a story about the car, But lets hope she gets saved.
Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Another "Barn Find" 1969 has come up on eBay  :popcrn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Restorable-RARE-One-Owner-BARN-FIND-All-Original-440-ci-1969-Dodge-Charger-RT-SE-/140686092414?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20c18b687e#ht_15268wt_958

Not really clean, this one has a BUY IT NOW of $15,000

When one considers the rust, reupholstery and paintwork needed, it pales in comparison to the brown one from California @ $25k from a couple years ago  :Twocents:

But good to see unrestored cars are still out there and available! :2thumbs:

Pics:  :o

Versus this:

Just 6T9 CHGR

That one has been out there for sale since at least 2007 :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 20, 2012, 08:08:24 PM
That one has been out there for sale since at least 2007 :rotz:

How is it priced, compared to when it was for sale earlier?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 08, 2011, 02:14:43 AM

I was all proud of myself for seeing the broadcast sheet wasn't correct & was gonna mention it but luckily you saved me.   ;)

Since it's the wrong sheet, why even show a pic of it?   :shruggy:  Wrong sheet is the wrong sheet.  It adds zero value just because you have one.  

Missed the incorrect bld sht all together, obviously not a player on the car, still like original cars...... :yesnod:

XS29LA47V21

OK, you guys dancing around on fairly original cars & values, what is this b5 RT-4spd original paint, non number matching motor, factory 4spd, non vinyl top car with vinyl top on it, buddy seat (no console) presents well at 20' (high&low, range), nicer than a nice "survivor" Daytonas & bird I have seen worth?     

bakerhillpins

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 20, 2012, 07:35:57 PM
Another "Barn Find" 1969 has come up on eBay  :popcrn:

What's up with that white triangle on the roof??  :slap:

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 08, 2011, 02:14:43 AM

:icon_smile_blackeye: Sorry, that came out a bit harsh..  :cheers:

Yea, I wondered why they even had a pic or talked about it. As someone stated, they were probably hoping that folks wouldn't get into the details and just assume.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

bakerhillpins

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on January 20, 2012, 09:32:23 PM
OK, you guys dancing around on fairly original cars & values, what is this b5 RT-4spd original paint, non number matching motor, factory 4spd, non vinyl top car with vinyl top on it, buddy seat (no console) presents well at 20' (high&low, range), nicer than a nice "survivor" Daytonas & bird I have seen worth?    

22K  -  :callme:

;D

More pics would be nice. The last 2 68 RT 4spd (#s matching) old restoration, qq1, console, with black interior cars went for 27k and 32k on ebay. One was in Bostion and the other in Buffalo NY, respectively. The condition sounds a lot like these 2.

[edit] I believe there was also a member here that bought the 69 T5, 4spd, #s, console, tan interior, black top, white stripe, car from Detroit. It was listed on ebay but didn't sell there, he bought it after flying out to see it. I believe it was in the high 20s.

Seriously, if you are thinking of selling let me know.  :brickwall:

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire