News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger barn find on ebay, cleanest ever?

Started by Charger440RDN, October 13, 2010, 03:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

One thing's for sure the guy selling know's what he has and I'm sure it wont go cheap (note the other mopars in the pics)

PocketThunder

Quote from: mikesbbody on October 13, 2010, 11:00:06 PM
One thing's for sure the guy selling know's what he has and I'm sure it wont go cheap (note the other mopars in the pics)

That mopar ponderosa guy is in Prior Lake so maybe he is involved.  I dont know him or have ever met him but who knows.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General_01

That would make a nice GL. Already has the correct interior.  :D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

gtx6970

I'd want to see it up close and personal like before getting serious . But I really like that one.

Nice color combo with factory air

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 13, 2010, 09:16:31 PM
I would give my left of something I was born with for the 69 in question........... I would give both of them for that red  68 R/t .
I agree. Amen brother. That 68 is much much nicer.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RD

man! the interior is the right color.  the year is correct... crud.. might as well paint it orange and put an 01 on the side and jump that sucker!!! :D hehehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TUFCAT

Yeppers!!!  Nice car. I would buy it then give it the total restoration it deserves.

SRT-440

Why is it, when ppl put cars on ebay they refuse to wash it or even wipe the dust off the interior??? That car would prolly be 10 times better if they just washed the dirt off and god forbid buff out the paint and bring back the shine. Or at the very least vacuum the floors before u take pics. Sorry I'm a bit OCD about some things..LOL.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Charger440RDN

According to Forgotten Mopars this car sold on ebay for $25,000 back in 2008 here is the link

http://forgotten-mopars.piczo.com/?g=49988566&cr=6

TUFCAT

That's also Cody's website!  :2thumbs:

25K seems too high for this market.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 14, 2010, 08:30:56 AM
Yeppers!!!  Nice car. I would buy it then give it the total restoration it deserves.
Problem with a car like that is it looks so original but really needs to be restored.  So because it's a "barn find"  it'll sell on the high end.  But look at it close and you can see it needs body work and paint and the entire engine compartment pulled and detailed and that stuff is really expensive.  The other 68 and 70 Charger on this thread are the way to go because they were cleaned up and look original and great.  That's a nice car, but because of what it is I'll bet if you add the selling price and then what it'll cost to restore it, when it's all done it'll cost more than if someone just bought a nice already restored Charger.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi24

is that chrome sill  running under the door was that offered in 1969 ?

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi24 on October 14, 2010, 05:43:44 PM
is that chrome sill  running under the door was that offered in 1969 ?

Yep, rocker moldings. , rather rare if i remember correctly.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger440RDN

What about that speaker in the front door, did they come from the factory like that?

Darkman

Quote from: RD on October 14, 2010, 07:16:14 AM
man! the interior is the right color.  the year is correct... crud.. might as well paint it orange and put an 01 on the side and jump that sucker!!! :D hehehehe

Or make it into a convertable Daytona painted orange with an 01 on the side and put 22" rims all round  :stirthepot:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

The70RT

The first guy that sold it mentioned rust in the trunk around the back window. This guy doesn't show the trunk pan or mention any rust it at all  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 14, 2010, 05:30:36 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on October 14, 2010, 08:30:56 AM
Yeppers!!!  Nice car. I would buy it then give it the total restoration it deserves.
Problem with a car like that is it looks so original but really needs to be retorted.  So because it's a "barn find"  it'll sell on the high end.  But look at it close and you can see it needs body work and paint and the entire engine compartment pulled and detailed and that stuff is really expensive.  The other 68 and 70 Charger on this thread are the way to go because they were cleaned up and look original and great.  That's a nice car, but because of what it is I'll bet if you add the selling price and then what it'll cost to restore it, when it's all done it'll cost more than if someone just bought a nice already restored Charger.

100% correct. In todays market that car would be totally under water if someone actually did pay 25K for it -  and gave it the full restoration it deserves....hmmm, maybe that's why its being sold?

However, if you forget about the money and bought the car because you have your heart and soul in it, plan to keep it forever and enjoy the car... then you'll never be upside down!  :D

Charger440RDN

I'm surprised the bidding on this only went up to $20,000 I guess the owner is trying to get back what he paid for it in 2008. The market looks weak right now. This was an original R/T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-all-original-survivor-/320601144619?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4aa5513d2b

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 19, 2010, 03:06:48 PM
I'm surprised the bidding on this only went up to $20,000 I guess the owner is trying to get back what he paid for it in 2008. The market looks weak right now. This was an original R/T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-all-original-survivor-/320601144619?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4aa5513d2b

According to the Q&A at the bottom, since it didnt sell the owner will have it restored.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 19, 2010, 03:24:32 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 19, 2010, 03:06:48 PM

According to the Q&A at the bottom, since it didnt sell the owner will have it restored.

:popcrn:

TUFCAT

I think 20K could be the ceiling for this car because of the condition......take the 20K offer and run! :scratchchin:

The car needs a complete restoration. Its is way to rough to be left unrestored as a survivor quality show car. Based on the high bid, potential buyers were thinking the same thing as me.  :Twocents:  

PocketThunder

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 19, 2010, 08:45:19 PM
I think 20K could be the ceiling for this car because of the condition......take the 20K offer and run! :scratchchin:

The car needs a complete restoration. Its is way to rough to be left unrestored as a survivor quality show car. Based on the high bid, potential buyers were thinking the same thing as me.  :Twocents:  

Thats what i paid for my car and its pretty much the exact same thing as this car except for the color.