News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger barn find on ebay, cleanest ever?

Started by Charger440RDN, October 13, 2010, 03:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 20, 2012, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 20, 2012, 07:35:57 PM
Another "Barn Find" 1969 has come up on eBay  :popcrn:

What's up with that white triangle on the roof??  :slap:

not sure, but it's definitely on there  :o

What I find really interesting, is how banged up the sides of the car are - especially for previously having side moldings the whole length. Looks like they were drilled-in  :o

The70RT

The best ones on this thread arent even talked about  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

And the B5 blue R/T on the previous page.  Both have more popular colors then the BROWN one.  :-\

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: The70RT on January 21, 2012, 03:42:32 PM
And the B5 blue R/T on the previous page.  Both have more popular colors then the BROWN one.  :-\

I could do bronze, maybe even blue, but not the green...  :Twocents:

PocketThunder

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 21, 2012, 01:28:48 PMWhat I find really interesting, is how banged up the sides of the car are - especially for previously having side moldings the whole length. Looks like they were drilled-in  :o

Yep, my original paint car has them drilled in and they are still on there>...!   :brickwall:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Quote from: troy.70R/T on December 10, 2011, 04:25:11 AM
awesome car. I see the car was in Minnetonka MN just  a FYI that is where Tonka toys are made. or were made my Aunt used to work at the Factory.

What car are you talking about?  I live in Minnetonka, MN.    :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 20, 2012, 09:42:09 PM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on January 20, 2012, 09:32:23 PM
OK, you guys dancing around on fairly original cars & values, what is this b5 RT-4spd original paint, non number matching motor, factory 4spd, non vinyl top car with vinyl top on it, buddy seat (no console) presents well at 20' (high&low, range), nicer than a nice "survivor" Daytonas & bird I have seen worth?    

22K  -  :callme:

Seriously, if you are thinking of selling let me know.  :brickwall:

/quote]

:icon_smile_big: :cheers:  so sad..... for my wife, you do not have her number, I guess I get to keep it   :smilielol: :slap:   In this market honestly it may not bare much more if it was a forced sale, original paint RT-4spd car, I like it much much more then that, thanks for the play for it (at least you avoided the flippers half valued or  :nana:perceived market, thanks :2thumbs:).

For complete builder, I do not think that green RTSE is that bad, fairly complete, maybe a little rusty, some better optioned  or better colored cars for the money for sure, I guess.  As complete as it is, you know if someone avoided the trend of full rotisserie and went to a cut an patch rust areas and outside paint job and driveline themselves, maybe could be driving a rare car for $X (wherever they stopped).

66FBCharger

[edit] I believe there was also a member here that bought the 69 T5, 4spd, #s, console, tan interior, black top, white stripe, car from Detroit. It was listed on ebay but didn't sell there, he bought it after flying out to see it. I believe it was in the high 20s.

I bought the T5 '69 R/T out of Detroit. It was advertised here on DC.com with a link to e Bay. I believe ( i can't find the saved ad right now) the BIN was $25K. The auction ended with the car unsold. The car was within a few hundred dollars of being sold on Ebay.
I wasn't looking to buy a car at the time, it just happened.
I flew out and back to Detroit in one day. It was a grueling day with the weather being crappy and my return flight getting cancelled on me. The car was just as the seller described. I bought the car on the spot. It was a great transaction.
With the car I got the buildsheet, an uncracked center grill, the original HP exhaust manifolds and a stack of receipts from when the engine was rebuilt.
The car runs and drives great. The car is complete and has matching numbers. Someday, the body will need to be redone, but for now I can get in it, drive and enjoy it.
I paid in the low 20's.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

elanmars

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on January 22, 2012, 11:26:57 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 20, 2012, 09:42:09 PM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on January 20, 2012, 09:32:23 PM
OK, you guys dancing around on fairly original cars & values, what is this b5 RT-4spd original paint, non number matching motor, factory 4spd, non vinyl top car with vinyl top on it, buddy seat (no console) presents well at 20' (high&low, range), nicer than a nice "survivor" Daytonas & bird I have seen worth?    

22K  -  :callme:

/quote]

:icon_smile_big: :cheers:  so sad..... for my wife, you do not have her number, I guess I get to keep it   :smilielol: :slap:   In this market honestly it may not bare much more if it was a forced sale, original paint RT-4spd car, I like it much much more then that, thanks for the play for it (at least you avoided the flippers half valued or  :nana:perceived market, thanks :2thumbs:).

For complete builder, I do not think that green RTSE is that bad, fairly complete, maybe a little rusty, some better optioned  or better colored cars for the money for sure, I guess.  As complete as it is, you know if someone avoided the trend of full rotisserie and went to a cut an patch rust areas and outside paint job and driveline themselves, maybe could be driving a rare car for $X (wherever they stopped).

so um, what's your home number? been looking for a solid '69 and maybe I can talk to your wife sometime...hahaha.  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

XS29LA47V21

/quote]

[/quote]

so um, what's your home number? been looking for a solid '69 and maybe I can talk to your wife sometime...hahaha.  :icon_smile_big:
[/quote]

:scratchchin: :hah: :rotz:  better not hand that out, she might make some deal I would loose sleep over.  At some point it is likely to go away in good relationship efforts towards upgrading but until then it gets driven, if you think you want it more then me you can PM me your number. :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on January 25, 2012, 05:43:56 PM
:scratchchin: :hah: :rotz:  better not hand that out, she might make some deal I would loose sleep over.  At some point it is likely to go away in good relationship efforts towards upgrading but until then it gets driven, if you think you want it more then me you can PM me your number. :2thumbs:

Had I not picked up a 69 in Sept of this year you would already have my number. Maybe in a few years I will be in a good position to drop you a line.   :scratchchin:

Dam, this is not something I needed to have swimming around in my head right now.  :brickwall: :brickwall:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

XS29LA47V21

:2thumbs:  Do not feel bad, I added one early this yr too, it is a sickness, I have embraced it for the most part and feel better evertime I drive/hammer on one. :icon_smile_big:

Do not get me wrong, I like the term barn find when I or a friend find a gem.  I feel in current usage in sales adds makes my brain go straight to a car salesman middle man car flipper, turns me off (the car should sell itself or not...... :Twocents:).  Now the girl in the B5-500 does she help sell that shinny thing, sorry wrong thread, better go look at that shinny thing again (the car I mean)....

We all have seen some cobled up junk over the yrs, I guess what I am partially trying to sell the idea is I could see a resourcefully low buck bondo buggy done to that green RTSE to a nice driver for HS kid or someone on the cheap who still finds it important to have a fairly rare car, and that one is fairly complete, maybe as a first project thing even for a father/son (not all have to be perfect museum pcs) :Twocents:

PocketThunder

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 25, 2012, 09:46:50 PM

Had I not picked up a 69 in Sept of this year you would already have my number. Maybe in a few years I will be in a good position to drop you a line.   :scratchchin:

Dam, this is not something I needed to have swimming around in my head right now.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

:slap:   :slap:   :slap:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 26, 2012, 10:22:10 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 25, 2012, 09:46:50 PM

:slap:   :slap:   :slap:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:     That's exactly what the wife did to me last night right after she asked why I was grumbling to myself. 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Friend who knows I am a Charger fan sent me this pic today, I believe it could be the same car, but the paint does look more T5 in this pic than T7  :shruggy:

Sorry for the bad pic  :coolgleamA:

Also, someone said they recently "found" a 1969 Charger in a barn and asked me if I would be interested  ::) Now, if only I could recall which one of my friends asked  :brickwall:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1974dodgecharger

you guys do know now that this day in age alot of people drive chargers and put it way for 6 months and then they claim , 'barn yard find' so that alot people think they found a treasure for a seller that was hidden in their barn for many decades. Its the nostalgia of the so called, 'barn yard find' that excites people thining they found treasure or something.

Every since the internet came among us everyone is having a barn yard find from treasure to croquet raquets  ::)

Tilar

QuoteThis car does not have a title, but was titled in NC in 1980. The man I purchased this car from was given a bill of sale at the time he purchased it, as the owner had misplaced the title. Years went by and he never pursued getting it. He is currently trying to locate it, but there is no guaranty he will find it.  Because of this, this car is being sold with a bill of sale only, unless the title is found before auction ends and then it will be given to the new owner.

It would be a good project, but I'd want that title problem settled before bidding on it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 25, 2012, 06:49:26 AM
you guys do know now that this day in age alot of people drive chargers and put it way for 6 months and then they claim , 'barn yard find' so that alot people think they found a treasure for a seller that was hidden in their barn for many decades. Its the nostalgia of the so called, 'barn yard find' that excites people thining they found treasure or something.

Every since the internet came among us everyone is having a barn yard find from treasure to croquet raquets  ::)

Agreed!

The car this thread was originally about, WAS a true barn find, as that T7 Charger had been n a SoCal barn for decades, parked in 1982  :o

Now, look at the T5 Charger in the current auction... Already past 7 grand, that car needs EVERYTHING!  :Twocents: Interior upholstery, sheetmetal, and paint. Underhood isn't pretty, either and parts are missing  :Twocents:

The more I look at the T7 car, the more I like it  :drool5: The one in the current auction has potential, but it's gonna take $$$$$ to complete :Twocents: Love the blue door, too  :icon_smile_blackeye:

ACUDANUT

I lived in So Cal for 5 years.   Never, ever saw a real "barn".  :Twocents:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 25, 2012, 10:44:24 AM

:shruggy: ...looks like a "real barn" to me    :Twocents:

Maybe not SoCal, like LA, but Porterville is certainly in southern California by the looks of things  :yesnod: Porterville, being the place listed on the license plate frame...  :scratchchin:

The70RT

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on February 25, 2012, 12:24:16 PM

:shruggy: ...looks like a "real barn" to me    :Twocents:

Maybe not SoCal, like LA, but Porterville is certainly in southern California by the looks of things  :yesnod: Porterville, being the place listed on the license plate frame...  :scratchchin:

Only the owner would know if it was a find or not....right? You mean it sat there just like that right in the middle with nothing else.....clean barn. I guess it could, before I started my resto I hadn't driven mine for 12 years ( drove it 4 miles across town to my new house then) and looked dusty just like that just setting in my garage. Mine hasn't been tagged in 25 years. So I guess you can park a car for some years and forget about because you don't know what you want to do with it then put it on ebay stating barn find.

Tilar

I lived in So Cal for 5 years.   Never, ever saw a real "barn".  :Twocents:

:shruggy: ...looks like a "real barn" to me    :Twocents:

Bah, That's not a "real barn", That's just a tall garage....  This is a real barn, and only half of it at that.  :lol:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: The70RT on February 25, 2012, 03:24:16 PM
I lived in So Cal for 5 years.   Never, ever saw a real "barn".  :Twocents:

:shruggy: ...looks like a "real barn" to me    :Twocents:

Maybe not SoCal, like LA, but Porterville is certainly in southern California by the looks of things  :yesnod: Porterville, being the place listed on the license plate frame...  :scratchchin:

Only the owner would know if it was a find or not....right? You mean it sat there just like that right in the middle with nothing else.....clean barn. I guess it could, before I started my resto I hadn't driven mine for 12 years ( drove it 4 miles across town to my new house then) and looked dusty just like that just setting in my garage. Mine hasn't been tagged in 25 years. So I guess you can park a car for some years and forget about because you don't know what you want to do with it then put it on ebay stating barn find.

When the car was on eBay about 4 years ago, I emailed the seller. The guy was hired to "clean out the property" which was some sort of rodeo land with a riding ring, barns, stables, and a house, of course. He said the guy who owned the car had died and the family wanted to move on. He also said his wife was pissed he wasn't keeping the car for himself  :shruggy:

I'd say if it has a riding ring, stables, and other outbuildings, that tin-roofed structure constitutes a barn. :scratchchin: Anyways, the old man had not driven the car in 25+ years. Guy who cleaned out the property was a family friend and I had no reason to not believe his story, which was interesting, to say the least... Anyways, as I recall, this was around 2008, maybe in the spring?  :Twocents: