News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

interview tips

Started by andy74, December 26, 2005, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

well, a job selleing is mine if i want it,they wont need a salesmanager right away.he seems pretty decent,i met the owner also,who was also decent.they have a 5 day work week instead of the 6 days ive been doing for the last 5 years,and a demo is included.it will take me about 10 more minutes to get to work,unless im in the charger,which with some open roads ill probably get there faster!he said for me to get back to him in a day or 2,he says he also realized ive been in management,and he doesnt want me to feel like im stepping down.i guess ill sleep on it

Charger_Fan

Quote from: my73charger on December 27, 2005, 11:29:06 AM
Be prepared for the dreaded...Where do you want to be in five years question...I hate that one...I usually respond by saying I plan on having their job by then...they love it!     :icon_smile_big:
I hate that one too, but that's a good reply! :yesnod: ;D

Good luck with your decision, Andy. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

You gave him the Dodge-Charger.com web address & your user name, right?   :D

Sounds like there's absolutely no reason to stay at the job you already have & hate. If I had found something that paid the same, or even almost the same, when I was at my last job, I'd have left faster than Michael Jackson can grease an 8 year old.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

SeattleCharger

Five days has gotta be better than six, car sales is a long enough day already, let alone doing it six days.   Sounds good.  Hope you get the job.     Good luck.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

andy74

the only draw back ive seen is that the base pay is 50 bucks less than i make now.i just got off the phone with him again,and he answered all my questions.i am going to make my mind up over the weekend,need to decide if i want to work everyother sunday,every saturday and have a day off during the week,its 6 days one week,and 5 the next.insurance is the same,and the big draw back is i wont be able to get on here as much as i do now!!!thanks for all the replies,and the well wishes guys-it is helping me by having a opinion that isnt biased-Andy

Charger_Fan

Will you be able to store your Charger in that dealership too?

The work hours sound about like my job...work all weekdays, work every other saturday, with sundays off.

At my previous job, I worked all weekends & had one weekday off.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

4402tuff4u

Andy it seems like you haven't been happy for awhile where you are currently working but I remember that they did do good when you went to talk to them by increasing your salary. It's really hard to really give you advise on a move like this not knowing all the facts. Two things I've learned from my job experiences are that the "grass always looks greener on the other side" - you know what I mean, however if the overall compensation and working environment out-way the risk of jumping job, than you should take it. The worst scenario would be if you just brush off this opportunity and having this thought in your mind of "I should have...I could have... only you can really make that decision. If your wife supports you on this move than go for it. Just remember one detail that the salary is not always the number one priority. I've walked away from six figure salary opportunities and shut the doors on them because it would have taken me working 14 - 16 hrs days and heavy duty responsibilities. I like to see my family every day, having dinner with them every day and helping my kids with homework or just being there for a soccer game or recital. That is worth more money to me than anyone could offer me. I 've been fortunate to been able to do this.
Seems like you have your thoughts together and you are looking after yourself and family. No employer should knock you for improving your financial and career position, if they do, you don't belong there and don't want to stay there. Good luck on your decision. I know it's probably hard at this time, but stay off the smokes!  :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Silver R/T

hope you make right decision
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Good luck Andy. I know you will do the right thing.

andy74

now my current boss is intrested in talking to me about why i want to leave.he is in florida until tuesday,visiting his sick cousin.i told him i would sit with him before i make my mind up