News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEY! '70 Guys ! Watch out for this VIN# XS29V0G258252

Started by Daytona R/T SE, December 26, 2005, 10:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

If this VIN shows up on a Fully restored $100,000 show car, or a rust free one-owner numbers-matching "survivor" Be advised, this is what the car looked like a few weeks ago:

TruckDriver

What do you mean..... That's a great father/son project!  ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargervert

Helpeg says easy resto,real sixpack car,will deliver,$18,500 So easy you won't even get your tools dirty! :rotz:

Chris G.

I remember seeing that car, but can't remember where? Was it on eBay?

It's "flagged" in our registry already. White was a very popular color on the last day of production.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on December 26, 2005, 10:46:10 AM

It's "flagged" in our registry already. White was a very popular color on the last day of production.

No kidding.. That one is between the one I had, 258067 and the one I have now, 258334.. All three of these white and v-code cars..... Wow...

Thanks for the heads up Daytona R/T SE.

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Blakcharger440

Well, ya never know how many other cars started like that. I mean before the internet there were probably many that were brought back from that condition,.... which are floating around today. They are just numbers matching,bright and shiney now.

Just 6T9 CHGR

That was on ebay a bit ago.....remember the Ledger Green stripe?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

This car was for sale on E-bay a while ago,  I was able to inspect the car and write down the VIN. Thought I'd report it here in hopes of saving someone some future grief.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on December 26, 2005, 10:46:10 AM

Chris, I was sure you knew about it, but I didn't think you had the VIN ?

Last day of production? Was this car built on the last day of production ?

Chris G.

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 26, 2005, 01:24:34 PM
Chris, I was sure you knew about it, but I didn't think you had the VIN ?

Last day of production? Was this car built on the last day of production ?

The guy selling the car (or someone who knew about it) sent me the VIN, but whenever I see a car like that, I never know if the seller is being honest. I'm glad you had a chance to see it in person to verify the numbers. :thumbs:

Yes, this car was built on the last day. So far every car we have registered with 258 in the VIN, plus a build date have been built on the last day of production. It wouldn't surprise me if someone was trying to order the last of the coke bottle style Chargers before the new '71 rolled out. Some really cool rides were built on the last day.

Aren't these registries great? And run by normal people who are only looking to help out when they can and get help from you guys.     :yesnod:

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Sinister68

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on December 26, 2005, 01:57:52 PM
...Aren't these registries great? And run by normal people who are only looking to help out when they can and get help from you guys.     :yesnod:

Not to hijack this thread, but there's a 1970 Charger Registry and a 1969 Charger Registry.  Is there a 1968 Charger Registry?   ???
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

hemi68charger

Quote from: Sinister68 on December 26, 2005, 06:49:27 PM
...Aren't these registries great? And run by normal people who are only looking to help out when they can and get help from you guys.   :yesnod:

Not to hijack this thread, but there's a 1970 Charger Registry and a 1969 Charger Registry.  Is there a 1968 Charger Registry?   ???

No one stepped up to the plate yet?
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

BigBlackDodge

...Aren't these registries great? And run by normal people who are only looking to help out when they can and get help from you guys.     :yesnod:

Not to hijack this thread, but there's a 1970 Charger Registry and a 1969 Charger Registry.   Is there a 1968 Charger Registry?     ???

Hehehe...............they're not worth it I guess. ;D

BBD

hemi68charger

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on December 26, 2005, 07:43:41 PM
...Aren't these registries great? And run by normal people who are only looking to help out when they can and get help from you guys.   :yesnod:

Hehehe...............they're not worth it I guess. ;D

BBD

:cussing: :image_294343:
Troy

Troy

Not to hijack this thread, but there's a 1970 Charger Registry and a 1969 Charger Registry. Is there a 1968 Charger Registry? ???
Yes there is. A litle searching reveals a lot of info... :D

Quote from: JimShine on October 06, 2005, 03:48:53 PM
Hi there. I started one and this fall/winter I will put the time into it. Just as I got it started the nice weather came and I spent my time on my cars. I would appreciate any items you (or anyone else) would like to share to put up on the site.

www.1968dodgechargerregistry.com

Link: www.1968dodgechargerregistry.com

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Troy

I need to get a page of links up so things are easier to find. Will be up soon.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.