News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PG Classics UPDATE 4/29/11

Started by Silver R/T, October 12, 2010, 06:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Don't take my opinion. Log onto ebay and check their feedback. See how many NEGATIVE and NEUTRAL feedbacks they have and judge for yourself. They do thousands of sales and just a handful of negative feedbacks doesn't matter to them.
A good business would see that they have 0 negative or at least try to eliminate it.
p.s. If you search on here there were a few other members who got screwed by them, I'm not only one of this board.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

I wanted to mention that I've called Mike at BE&A parts and he told me that they have stopped making dash pads for now as they have vinyl delamination problems with the pads. I don't see how PG Classics still sells them although from my research it's not first time they've been selling 2nd hand product to the consumer.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Patronus

Thats not good news...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Silver R/T

Don't take my word for it, call Mike yourself.
I've ordered from PG Glassics cause I ordered parts from them before. Door handles, window cranks, miscellaneous parts and quality looks good. That's why I decided to go ahead and get dash pad from them. My mistake  :brickwall:
I called Dante's (whom I've ordered parts before) and they have dash pad. They told me that their dash pads come from different source than PG classics so I only hope their quality is better.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

DC_1

So what exactly are you wanting? A boycott of anyone here buying anything from them because, although they gave you a refund, they stiffed you for your $33 for shipping the thing back. Seems like your really out to slam these guys.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 14, 2010, 05:48:04 PM
So what exactly are you wanting? A boycott of anyone here buying anything from them because, although they gave you a refund, they stiffed you for your $33 for shipping the thing back. Seems like your really out to slam these guys.
I don't want nothing dude. I just put this up as a word of caution about dealing with these guys. You can do whatever you want with your money, I could care less.
I was lucky to be out only $33 others were out hundreds of dollars, just look at their feedback on ebay.
What bothers me is how they do their business, it's ridiculous! Ignoring a customer is a bad practice. I simply wanted them to send me a replacement but they sent me money instead, they don't answer their emails and hard to get a hold of on the phone.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Troy

Ok, just to clarify, while the 2 share the manufacturing of their parts, BE&A is a different company than PG. Mike at BE&A is usually pretty great to deal with and I've never bothered to order anything from PG. Why would you call BE&A to complain about PG? Just order from BE&A in the first place if you want their (presumably better) customer service. It's pretty well known that PG carries the non-licensed, less expensive, and rumored lesser quality parts so if you only shop on price then you get to deal with everything that comes with that choice (like a customer service person who speaks a foreign language).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BEAPARTS

Quote from: Patronus on November 13, 2010, 12:13:19 AM
From the minute he was on the phone I felt like I was back-pedaling. " Whoa...Hey man, Im sorry it showed up bent,"
I asked if this was common...??  Like I said, he surely made good on the replacement, hell, it was here in 4 days. But when I had him on the phone, he really made it sound like my problem. And then no communication... I just don't do business like that.

Bill, the problem is when a package is accepted from UPS, it's very difficult to file a claim.  I understand they left the package without a signature, so you really needed to call them and claim the damage.  I apologize I came off that way, the attitude was directed towards UPS and not yourself.  I never intended to wait for the pad to be returned and my frustration was with UPS and I'm sorry you felt it was directed towards you.  I value all the business we receive and handle every transaction uncompromisingly.  It's not about our company, it's all about the customer. 

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.

clanton

:scratchchin: I bought my 68 dash pad from PG. It took a little while to get it, but I needed a dash pad. It was very accurate, in contours. It took a little cutting on the urathane on the back side where there studs are to get it to fit on the dash frame, but it looks great. I have to say, I have Legendary rear panels, and Year One's door panels...huge difference. The Legendary ones are contoured with foam under the vinyl, and the Year ones are totally flat. But PG has always been cool with me with the stuff I ordered. But I dont like the idea of putting commie parts on my Charger.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Dodge Don

I've purchased quite a few things from PG Classics with zero problems. The parts have been outstanding.

And for the record....they do speak english. Yes they have an accent but so do you.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Dodge Don on November 19, 2010, 08:12:09 PM
I've purchased quite a few things from PG Classics with zero problems. The parts have been outstanding.

And for the record....they do speak english. Yes they have an accent but so do you.

:2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Silver R/T

I can only hope they don't try to resell that dash pad to someone else...

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

So this random out of area number has been calling me for the past couple of weeks. Today I was sitting on lunch break and it calls again, I picked it up and some guy starts talking to me in broken English. After about 5 minutes I finally can make out "Pg classic" and realized it's about warped dash I sent back.
Long story short is this clown is calling me and wants to collect UPS "brokerage fee" of $35. I've already paid over $30 to have it sent back that didn't get refunded to me. Now months later this clown is trying to collect more money out of me?! He was trying to get my fax number so he could send me an invoice...
Just a warning for anyone who's doing business with these guys, WATCH OUT! These guys are real shady. Too bad I can't report them to BBB but it won't do any good anyways. You've been warned guys.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FastbackJon

I called you about lunch time but I don't think I was speaking in broken english...
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Dodge Don

The UPS "brokerage fee" is a real fee. It gets charged to us in Canada by UPS when someone sends a package to us by UPS. Had it been sent by USPS there would not have been a fee. So it isn't a made up fee.

Given the circumstances I don't think PG should be calling you about it however they are not "shady".

Silver R/T

Why would they be calling me MONTHS later about it? I ate cost of shipping it back, I think they can eat their part also.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse

Wow, I just delt with him and not only did he send me a new set of lug nuts, he refunded my total amount.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,79973.0.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 29, 2011, 06:24:21 PM
Wow, I just delt with him and not only did he send me a new set of lug nuts, he refunded my total amount.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,79973.0.html

This is from a few months ago. Maybe they are trying to correct the problem inside the business with new staff/management at the CS level.  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dodge Don

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 29, 2011, 05:29:59 PM
Why would they be calling me MONTHS later about it? I ate cost of shipping it back, I think they can eat their part also.

Because it takes that long for you to receive the invoice from UPS after the fact. I get stuff sent to me UPS and then much later out of the blue I get the invoice from UPS. It sucks...that is why I try to get stuff sent via USPS since there are no such fees.

As I said I don't think they should bother you with that given the circumstances, so I agree with you there, and I might even go so far as to agree they should have covered the return cost (however with the amount of buyers remorse and BS claims merchants get they may be gun shy of covering every cost) however I honestly think you are blowing the whole thing way out of proportion. Nobody can be 100% perfect and I (and it seems a majority of others) have dealt with PG Classics many times and Peter personally with zero problems and the products were top notch.

The PG Classic parts and BE&A parts are the same...both made in China (god forbid) but are superb. BE&A has the pentastar logo and PN....PG does not. Frankly, they have raised the bar on quality of repro parts. Here is a guy who came here to better his life and you have the gall to slag him because he has not fully mastered the english language to your satisfaction.......pretty sad  ::)

Just order the pad from BE&A and be done with it. From what people have told me it's the bast pad on the market at the moment. Mike is a good guy to deal with and everything I've gotten from him has been excellent. upper door pads, dash pad etc. BE&A's upper door pads even come with the medallions which lengendarys don't, and they are substantially cheaper. Mike has also ships everything USPS which is also far cheaper.

On a second note I'm in Australia and everything has arrived fine, nothing broken or bent.

I'm not pointing blame but maybe a poor attitude towards the company is the reason for poor customer service and a poor outcome.   

Silver R/T

Quote from: 440 on April 29, 2011, 08:41:33 PM
Just order the pad from BE&A and be done with it. From what people have told me it's the bast pad on the market at the moment. Mike is a good guy to deal with and everything I've gotten from him has been excellent. upper door pads, dash pad etc. BE&A's upper door pads even come with the medallions which lengendarys don't, and they are substantially cheaper. Mike has also ships everything USPS which is also far cheaper.

On a second note I'm in Australia and everything has arrived fine, nothing broken or bent.

I'm not pointing blame but maybe a poor attitude towards the company is the reason for poor customer service and a poor outcome.   

I'm not pointing blame but maybe a poor attitude towards the consumer is the reason for poor customer feedback and a poor outcome

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 30, 2011, 01:20:52 PM
Quote from: 440 on April 29, 2011, 08:41:33 PM

I'm not pointing blame but maybe a poor attitude towards the consumer is the reason for poor customer feedback and a poor outcome

:lol: Any update on the UPS fee from PG ?

Silver R/T

I will be dealing with Dante's as he has superior customer service and always gets back to me within 24 hr period.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

twodko

For my money I'll stick with Mike @ BEA
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

shart70rt

I have had numerous purchases with BE&A also, no problem, and they are always adding new parts.

They have always been pleasant on the phone too.
Stephen Hart
1970 Charger RT, 440, console 4-speed, Dana 60 3.54
500 Stroker, Edelbrock Heads, Edelbrock intake, dual 600 CFM Carbs,
Comp Hydraulic Roller
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch setup, Passon Performance overdrive gearset in 833 18 spline 4 spd.
TTI 2 inch headers and 3 inch exhaust.
Subframe connectors
P-S-T polygraphite suspension
4 wheel disc brakes
Classic Auto Air AC
Billet Performance Serpentine Assy
reassembly in progress