News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PG Classics UPDATE 4/29/11

Started by Silver R/T, October 12, 2010, 06:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

I've called Mike at BEA and he said they don't have dash pads right now as they have problem with vinyl delaminating from the core.
I'll see if Dante's has dash pad.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Troy

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 07, 2010, 11:57:09 AM
I've called Mike at BEA and he said they don't have dash pads right now as they have problem with vinyl delaminating from the core.
I'll see if Dante's has dash pad.
As far as I know, no one else is making the upper pad. Dante is just a reseller.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

Well hopefully they can inspect it before they send it out so it's not damaged. And they speak English.
I've ordered $100's worth of parts from them before and have no complaints.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Bobby41909

I got my dash pad from PG Classic and it looks great!  Also ordered a bunch of other parts.  Probably 5 or 6 orders in total over the past few months.  They've taken care of me everytime (although its hard to understand them).

Silver R/T

I guess it sucks for me. That's what differentiates a bad business from good business. A good business will take care of the customer EVERY TIME not every other time. They did offer me to place an order with them after I've showed them this thread and sent numerous emails. I'm hesitant to do so, I don't want to get burnt twice by the same company.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Patronus

Agreed silver r/t. Ordering parts for these restos takes as much time as assembly! The last thing I need is someone jerking me around. Im having problems with both B/EA and PG. So far Roseville has stepped up and acted like they really want my business.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Patronus on November 09, 2010, 09:05:30 AM
Agreed silver r/t. Ordering parts for these restos takes as much time as assembly! The last thing I need is someone jerking me around. Im having problems with both B/EA and PG. So far Roseville has stepped up and acted like they really want my business.

What trouble are you having with B/E&A? .....They are usually awesome with customer service.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Troy

PatrickPeeters

Your correct, but I believe it looks almost as good as, better then the cracked one that was in.....but your right  :2thumbs: not the same thing

That's a cap - definitely not the same thing!

Troy

Patrick  :punkrocka:

Troy

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on November 09, 2010, 10:36:20 AM
Your correct, but I believe it looks almost as good as, better then the cracked one that was in.....but your right  :2thumbs: not the same thing

Troy

No really, it doesn't look anything close to the real thing. Ok, maybe better than a cracked and rotted one but it doesn't look correct. I think I have one from a 68 laying in the garage somewhere. The reproductions aren't that expensive and make a world of difference - especially since you can see them through every window and they're right in your face while driving.

Troy

PatrickPeeters

I don't think it looks really really bad, but I will try to fix the original one.
If that attempt fails, before putting the car together again.
I will consider a good used or new repro one.
Still enough time to try and deicide.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Troy on November 09, 2010, 11:24:15 AM
Quote from: PatrickPeeters on November 09, 2010, 10:36:20 AM
Your correct, but I believe it looks almost as good as, better then the cracked one that was in.....but your right  :2thumbs: not the same thing

Troy

No really, it doesn't look anything close to the real thing. Ok, maybe better than a cracked and rotted one but it doesn't look correct. I think I have one from a 68 laying in the garage somewhere. The reproductions aren't that expensive and make a world of difference - especially since you can see them through every window and they're right in your face while driving.

Troy

x2 on that one. I had a dash cap and it just sat there. Every time i looked at my cracked dash pad it made me think how I'm gonna have a cheap cap on there. I have to paint dash frame anyways as it has some surface rust/faded paint so I had to take pad off. Why not install a new dash pad at the same time. So I went and bought one....
I'm spending all this time and money restoring my car, I want it done right.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ccr-host

Between Ted Stevens at Stephens Performance, Legendary Interiors, Redline Guages, and a little help from Year One, we were able to get everything we needed for our dash and the entire interior... THANKS guys! :cheers:

Patronus

BE/A made good on my order. The quality is fine, its the attitude I could have lived without. I would recommend to everyone to order one or two items from different places and see who can deliver. Im not going to plop down 6 grand without knowing if Im going to have a hassle.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

C500

Quote from: Patronus on November 11, 2010, 02:00:09 PM
BE/A ............ its the attitude I could have lived without.

Can you elaborate on this? After reading all the positive comments about Mike and how great his service is, I thought i must have been the only one getting the attitude. It seems not. I took my business elsewhere.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Patronus

From the minute he was on the phone I felt like I was back-pedaling. " Whoa...Hey man, Im sorry it showed up bent,"
I asked if this was common...??  Like I said, he surely made good on the replacement, hell, it was here in 4 days. But when I had him on the phone, he really made it sound like my problem. And then no communication... I just don't do business like that.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

PatrickPeeters

Taking advice over here, and going to buy a dashpad also  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Think of ordering the pg classics on ebay, seems like a good price.
do's or don'ts?

Silver R/T

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on November 14, 2010, 02:26:20 PM
Taking advice over here, and going to buy a dashpad also  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Think of ordering the pg classics on ebay, seems like a good price.
do's or don'ts?

this is a joke right? I suggest you go back to 1st page and re-read my posts

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

PatrickPeeters

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 14, 2010, 03:44:50 PM

Sorry guys I think I misread some in between posts and mistyped a little.
I don't wanna  :horse:

Thought of ordering with pgclassics, the price seemed Ok.
It was a hard to find part, and I ordered the the second best thing, the dash cap.
Now I'm restoring the whole shebang and wanna buy a dash pad before putting the dash back in.

Sorry for asking again but where should I buy the pad, and what is a reasonable price for it?

Hope this post is clear................

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on November 14, 2010, 04:38:24 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on November 14, 2010, 03:44:50 PM

Sorry guys I think I misread some in between posts and mistyped a little.
I don't wanna  :horse:

Thought of ordering with pgclassics, the price seemed Ok.
It was a hard to find part, and I ordered the the second best thing, the dash cap.
Now I'm restoring the whole shebang and wanna buy a dash pad before putting the dash back in.

Sorry for asking again but where should I buy the pad, and what is a reasonable price for it?

Hope this post is clear................

I just want to hop in here with a reminder.......There are way more people that are happy Pgclassics customers . There are only a select few with issues. Ive bought lots of stuff from them and have always been treated "fairly" so lets maybe not boycott a place because of one bent dashpad.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

You are so right Brian. :2thumbs: My car is also an example of what nice products PG Classic
produce and delivers.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

PatrickPeeters

Getting a little confused, but seems indeed that there are more successfull buys then bad ones.
I'm running out of options, if no sellers have a nice affordable dash pad, so guess I'm going to try if pg will work out....
thanks for the advice...

DC_1

I also agree, I've got several items from them without incident. Not saying they are not at fault in transactions others may have had, but, I don't think they are out to screw people over intentionally. Just my 2 cents.