News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PG Classics UPDATE 4/29/11

Started by Silver R/T, October 12, 2010, 06:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Anyone order parts from PG Classics? I've ordered a few small parts long time ago. I just ordered new dash pad from them and it took a while to get here from Canada. I opened it up and left side of it is warped. It doesn't look like it got damaged during shipping as box wasn't crushed at all and it was wrapped in bubble wrap. Makes me wonder how they could miss something like that, it has pretty big bow in it. Looks like actual metal frame is bent. I just hope I can get replacement, that just ruined my whole day.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Belgium R/T -68

Try to reach Peter via phone or email, send a picture and I'm 100% sure he will help you out. I've ordered almost everything they have
for a Charger -68 incl the dashpad with no problems. Peter is very nice to do business with.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

1969chargerrtse

I've had no problems with them.  I got a broken mirror once and they sent me a replacement before they even received my broken one.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Back N Black

I have used PG several times and no problems. I only live 1 hour from PG Classic store.

RIDELIKEHELL

I just recieived a big order from them and was satisfied with quality but $$ is another story. After thinking I could use much of my original parts I was just glad that their products are tastefully done. It's funny how crappy my original parts looked up against that beautiful silver paint job :yesnod:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

CDN72SE

I've used them quite a bit as well, bought some taillight lenses, sill plates, inner door handles, hood release cable, etc. I'm in Canada so the shipping charges have been very reasonable.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

NGC414

I bought a few things from them as well. The only problem I had was they sent me the wrong seat covers once. I ordered 68 and they sent 67s. It took a couple months to get the correct ones since they would not send out the correct covers until they got the other covers returned. All in all they made me a little nervious, but took care of the problem and got me the correct covers. They also reimbursed me for the shipping back to them.

Silver R/T

Talked to the lady there and she assured me she will inspect one that I'll be getting in exchange for bad one.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68r/t

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 14, 2010, 07:08:38 PM
Talked to the lady there and she assured me she will inspect one that I'll be getting in exchange for bad one.

Good luck with that,  I just payed for a woodgrain steering wheel kit, and told them I want good quality.
The ladies reply was that she will inspect it personally,  well I just got the tracking number and it is coming directly from China.
She must have great eyesight...

Silver R/T

All of their parts are manufactured in China. They're just reseller. When I got my catalog from them it came direct from China.
It's American mentality to rip off someone else. When I do bodywork for someone I charge them same as I pay for the product, I pass on the savings instead of ripping off customers.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 15, 2010, 08:45:15 PM
All of their parts are manufactured in China. They're just reseller. When I got my catalog from them it came direct from China.

Pg Classics Is NOT just a reseller .....They have there parts made in China Peter Gee (The owner) Is from China originally or has family there. (If I remember right) ....He is not simply a reseller thoght that I know for sure.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68r/t

The point is that the place where your are dealing with is in Canada and they are getting shipped directly from China, so it is a bit hard for a personal inspection.
I normally get all my parts through Mike @ BEA and he has been fantastic but he wants nearly $100 more for the same thing which I can not justify at the moment.

CDN72SE

All my parts have come from Canada so far, but yes some do come from China.
1972 Charger SE

bull

Quote from: 68r/t on October 15, 2010, 08:51:45 PM
The point is that the place where your are dealing with is in Canada and they are getting shipped directly from China, so it is a bit hard for a personal inspection.
I normally get all my parts through Mike @ BEA and he has been fantastic but he wants nearly $100 more for the same thing which I can not justify at the moment.

PG Classic and BE&A sell the same parts. The extra money you pay BE&A is for the pentastar and part numbers.

C500

Not sure what's up with the PG website. The home page works ok, but that's where it ends. Can't download the catalog or buy from the on-line store....can't even read the product reviews. I keep getting this: The website declined to show this webpage

http://www.pgclassic.com/
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Belgium R/T -68

Can't find back any of their products on ebay, hope it's a temporary problem with the website. :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on October 16, 2010, 03:56:48 AM
Can't find back any of their products on ebay, hope it's a temporary problem with the website. :scratchchin:

Per

Maybe they do an update of the site  :icon_smile_question:
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

CDN72SE

Quote from: NorwayCharger on October 16, 2010, 05:47:05 AM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on October 16, 2010, 03:56:48 AM

Per

Maybe they do an update of the site  :icon_smile_question:

I emailed them two weeks ago because I couldn't remember if I had placed an order with them or not, seemed during my checkout something froze. anyway on Oct 7th I got an email to call them, I did and got the answering machine. I've been getting the answering machine ever since.  :shruggy:

***Edit - the site is back up and running.
1972 Charger SE

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

So after a LONG waiting period and hassle of having it shipped back (all the way to Canada $33) I had to open a claim with PG Classic. I did however state that I wanted it REPLACED.
I called the guy and spoke with his wife? and they reassured they would send me a replacement pad back to me. I had tracking number with UPS and I emailed him twice when I saw that it arrived there, asking when he will be able to ship replacement back to me. NO RESPONSE!!!
Today I get home and I get refund for dash (without $33 I had to pay for shipping)
I think before these guys open a business they should be able to communicate in English. I spoke with guy and his wife? and I could barely understand them as they had a heavy Asian accent. I'm just so frustrated now over this whole deal.
I just thought I should let you guys know the outcome of this and I really feel like leaving a NEGATIVE feedback for them on eBay (which I haven't had to do in years)
I'm not so sure if I want to have business with them anymore as I feel I got screwed. Maybe guy needs to take ESL at local college or something...

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FastbackJon

Well that's not good. Poor communication on their part. I was thinking about ordering a dash pad for my '66 Charger from them but not after this. And especially not outside of eBay where there's no recourse.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

KEISLER

Just Dashes makes excellent dash pad products for Mopar.  And they are easy to work with and make their product in the US.  Legendary Interiors also makes their products in the USA, and their quality is unbeatable in my opinion.  You should see the seat covers and door panels and upper soft pads they did for our '69 Charger hemi car (watch it on Speed Channel Chop Cut Rebuild, and you can see a tour of the Legendary factory).  No need to buy overseas when you have these two companies capable to provide most anything you need.

Troy

Quote from: KEISLER on November 06, 2010, 11:03:12 PM
Just Dashes makes excellent dash pad products for Mopar.  And they are easy to work with and make their product in the US.  Legendary Interiors also makes their products in the USA, and their quality is unbeatable in my opinion.  You should see the seat covers and door panels and upper soft pads they did for our '69 Charger hemi car (watch it on Speed Channel Chop Cut Rebuild, and you can see a tour of the Legendary factory).  No need to buy overseas when you have these two companies capable to provide most anything you need.
Just Dashes is expensive and cannot (or at least could not) accurately reproduce the stitching on the Charger lower dash pads. I have never seen one of their upper dash pads but the PG/BE&A part is nearly perfect. Legendary makes some awesome stuff but their Charger upper door pads are incorrect as well. So, if I'm going to have to purchase something that isn't right then why pay a premium for it? At least PG/BE&A will flat out tell you the grain on their upper pads is incorrect (but I doubt 99% of people can tell) - although their upper pads are closer to the originals in shape compared to Legendary.

Just because parts are made in USA doesn't mean they should get a free pass. I heard this exact same line from a Legendary employee at the Nats. Not one word about how their product (door pads) was better - only a 10 minute diatribe about them not being "Taiwan junk". It truly turned me off. I just wanted to know if they'd look right in my cars...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mauve66

Quote from: KEISLER on November 06, 2010, 11:03:12 PM

maybe if you have a 2nd gen, i've personally been asking them every year for the past 17 years to make 1st gen door panels and i'm sure others have been asking longer than i have

and just dashes warped my original door panels when i sent them to them for recovering so i had to sell them for a loss
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment