News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sad News for My local Salvage yard

Started by Blown70, December 26, 2005, 09:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

Well found out Sunday morning from the owner of my FAVORITE salvage yard they are going to crush everything out...... :icon_smile_dead:

He told me I could go through it first....Things I noted yesterday.

57 Chevy 2dr. converted to a race car.
1960  Cadilliac  Missing only the valve covers
2- Gutted 1969 chargers....(I bought one yesterday) Merrry X-mas to me. :icon_smile_big:
Rambler
Road Runner 68-70 Style
Ford 500
Mustang Year?
Pontiac Bonniville  60ish
69 Sport Satillite
68 coronet
Several Dusters
Several Darts

Guess WHAT I FORGOT MY CAMERA :rotz:

I will be making a trip in the spring.

Tom

moparguy01

which yard is that Tom? i might have to go see about snagging another one of the mopars on your list.

Ghoste

I feel your pain.   Our last local old car yard did that about two years ago.    :'(

Blown70

Quote from: moparguy01 on December 26, 2005, 09:45:28 AM
which yard is that Tom? i might have to go see about snagging another one of the mopars on your list.

PM me Russ, 

tom

chargervert

I hope the usable cars find homes before the crusher gets them!

Blown70

Quote from: chargervert on December 26, 2005, 10:03:15 AM
I hope the usable cars find homes before the crusher gets them!

BTW guys I will do my best if anyone has a need Try to get them. 

I have not noticed anything really rare but a few good parts out here.

Tom

RD

Tom,
   how much is he asking for the other 69? RR? 69 satellite?  is he reasonable?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Blown70

Quote from: RD on December 26, 2005, 10:38:46 AM
Tom,
    how much is he asking for the other 69? RR? 69 satellite?   is he reasonable?

Well  I  dont know.  Also, I am pretty sure on the years.  I would have to check closer.  He said he would sell anyting.  I can take pics in the Spring and you could always make an offer.  I would say reasonable.

Where you located.

Tom

RD

Tom,
  I am in Kansas, but Russ or my uncle (who is in ND) can help me out w/storage or transportation.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Blown70

Quote from: RD on December 26, 2005, 10:43:45 AM
Tom,
  I am in Kansas, but Russ or my uncle (who is in ND) can help me out w/storage or transportation.

Yes, I am thinking RUSS and I will take a drive.  He can let you know.

Tom

RD

TruckDriver

Heck, I'm interested to the the '69 Sport Satillite & the '68 coronet. I'd make the drive there to get it if I had to and there reasonably good yet. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blown70

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on December 26, 2005, 10:59:44 AM
Heck, I'm interested to the the '69 Sport Satillite & the '68 coronet. I'd make the drive there to get it if I had to and there reasonably good yet. :yesnod:

I cannot say much as they are in snow.  I went to look to get the frame rails from a 69 charger. 

I will let you know.... I think alot of them have been sitting for years.... So you know what can happen, 

Tom

PocketThunder

i'm in.   I got a truck and 22' trailer ready to go.

I got dibbs on the Road Runner.. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Silver R/T

thats shitty, when they plan on crushing? Wouldnt they rather sell it all out
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blown70

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 26, 2005, 02:25:31 PM
thats shitty, when they plan on crushing? Wouldnt they rather sell it all out

Well he said to check with him,, This will happen over the next two years.   THe EPA is on his case heavy.

He is happy to sell what he can as he would get better than scrap price. 

NOTE I will be happy to help anyone OUT in getting things.   KEEP IN MIND it is 2 Hrs from me....

Tom

moparguy01

Road trip! is that 68 coronet a 2 door?

"The green hornet returns?"

miamivice

a roof Tom, i need a roof?   that other 69 charger have a good one???? :)

Blown70

Quote from: miamivice on December 26, 2005, 08:11:58 PM
a roof Tom, i need a roof?     that other 69 charger have a good one???? :)

Sadly I they dropped the one on its lid for awhile... So the one I picked up is NOT.

The other well not much better that what you have... SLightly... I am sure I could get it cheap but the sail pannel is rusted as well I think the top edge.  I will take pics next time and show them to you.

Tom

6pkrunner

Blown70 - they cleaned up every salvage yard in the province here about 20-25 years ago. There was one about 2 miles from where I lived 30 years ago, and in that one alone there'd be tewrrific Mopars and parts to retire off of eGouge.
More bees. runners, R/Ts than you could shake a stick at. Probably like 25% of Ron Slobe's when he was at his peak. I was away for a three month period and when I got back a few buddies broke the news. A national monument or shrine destroyed for scrap. There was an almost mint 1968 Coronet 500 ragtop with no engine/tranny that I was always going to tow out when I got the time. A$$ kick time for the last 20 years.

moparjohn

I wonder what "harm" these cars were doing now that they didn't do in junk yards for the past 50-60 years. As for oil and gas it came out of the earth and goes back in. I'm not saying pour the stuff on the ground but it can't be logical to crush thiusands of dolars worth of parts- ireplaceable parts? thinking that it will clean up the ground.
                                                                    it's just sad. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Smoke20

Where is this yard? I might be interested in some parts...
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

Darkness

Tom let me know on the Darts and Dusters I'd be interested in one of those. If you can PM or email me some pics if you get a chance. Thank you. Also, let me know if he has any 87-91 Dakota 4x4 Pickups.

Blown70

Quote from: Smoke20 on December 27, 2005, 04:52:17 PM
Where is this yard? I might be interested in some parts...

This is in Minnesota,  Central.

Tom

Blown70

Quote from: 89vert4x4 on December 27, 2005, 07:06:43 PM
Tom let me know on the Darts and Dusters I'd be interested in one of those. If you can PM or email me some pics if you get a chance. Thank you. Also, let me know if he has any 87-91 Dakota 4x4 Pickups.

Well this trip I forgot the camera :slap:, and had no idea THEY were going to crush things out :shruggy:.....

Yes, I know I saw the tail of dart/scamp,  Please understand I know chargers... RR, Satellites, etc,  I am not as good on.

I Have not SEEN any newer 4X4 but will look next time.

Tom