News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

why are my axles 5 on 4 1\4

Started by c00nhunterjoe, October 20, 2010, 02:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

The title says it, both axles are 5 on 4 1\4. Measured 100 times 50 different ways, both axles and front hubs are 4 1\4 bolt center. Straight edged and mic'd, nothing is bent. The old wheels that I thought were unilug are egged out with a dremel to fit.  So what the hell is on my car?

Long Island RT

It's got to be 5 x 4½.

Are you measuring like this:
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

c00nhunterjoe

Brain fart...... screwed on rims....... was told when purchasing they were 4.5's and I assumed..... been too long to fight with the guy over it..... anybody looking for a set of 4 restored vectors, 15x8.5's 5 on 4.75?

c00nhunterjoe

Looked into spacer adapters, 1 inch thick is the thinnest and it will hit the panel, opinions on having holes machined?

68coronetGLwannabe

I had a machine shop unilug 2 sets for me and have had no trouble with them. It did cost me about $200 to have 4 done, about the same cost as adapters.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

c00nhunterjoe

Going to go for uniluging the wheels. There is no danger in doing this it seems ok in theory. I'm only removing 1\8 inch from each hole