News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird part information:nose support brackets and wing supports

Started by hemi68charger, October 12, 2010, 07:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Helping a buddy out with gathering information on his Superbird clone project.. He's a pretty talented individual and is wishing to fabricate some components for himself.. Can anyone help out?..  Here's his request:

"find some info on bird wing support brackets and frame to z bar braces. What i am trying to do is replicate/ locate steel to make my own"

Thanks all,

PS: Does anyone have close up pictures and/or dimensions for the brackets that attach the nose/zbar to the framerails on Superbirds? Maybe they are the same for both Daytonas and Superbirds? Also, the dimensions of the wing supports for a Superbird? Are they the same as a Daytona? I would have thought the height of the supports would be different since the quarters between a Charger and Satellite/Runner are different?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

Those two items would be easiest to copy from an existing part. The next thing would be finding someone who has theirs apart and is willing to help by loaning them out.

If I had some I would,but I dont.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

larry roper makes that stuff pretty cheap , I would just buy his stuff
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Does anyone have close up pictures and/or dimensions for the brackets that attach the nose/zbar to the framerails on Superbirds? Maybe they are the same for both Daytonas and Superbirds? Also, the dimensions of the wing supports for a Superbird? Are they the same as a Daytona? I would have thought the height of the supports would be different since the quarters between a Charger and Satellite/Runner are different?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

The superbird trunk floor support bracket welds to the trunk floor.On the daytona its bolted.The Z brackets on the daytona has a different front parking lamp bracket.I might have pictures to see other differences just going by memory on this :Twocents: .The 2 pieces of channel for nose to body mounting should have different hole locations as to 2 types of valance attachment 
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

The wing supports are close enough that you can just alter the bracket that attaches to the floor. On the birds there's a large washer welded to one of the uprights as a spacer.
I have them for $75 plus $15 shipping in the 48. They're correct in every way. They have to fit together perfectly to work correctly and they also have a stiffener welded into the tops for support. There's actually 10 different pieces that you would have to duplicate to make a complete set.
The front frame braces are slightly different but you can alter the Daytona versions to work on the birds easily.
I get $50 for a pair plus $15 shipping. They have an offset and are kind of difficult to duplicate.
I have both in stock and can shop immediately. hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 15, 2010, 01:49:28 PM
The wing supports are close enough that you can just alter the bracket that attaches to the floor. On the birds there's a large washer welded to one of the uprights as a spacer.
I have them for $75 plus $15 shipping in the 48. They're correct in every way. They have to fit together perfectly to work correctly and they also have a stiffener welded into the tops for support. There's actually 10 different pieces that you would have to duplicate to make a complete set.
The front frame braces are slightly different but you can alter the Daytona versions to work on the birds easily.
I get $50 for a pair plus $15 shipping. They have an offset and are kind of difficult to duplicate.
I have both in stock and can shop immediately. hotrodcuda98@hotmail.com
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  your the man
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE