News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Covers came in today

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, October 11, 2010, 07:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I have a 68 with gold interior, and the only seat covers I could get from Legendary were NOS. Man these things are very thick, awesome quality. I am very pleased so far. Can't wait to get them installed. I have heard alot of good things about Legendary interiors and I see it is true.

Brock Lee

If they are true NOS, you may want to let whomever installs them know. The true factory ones were very thick and had machines stretch them. They are so tight they force the foam underneath into shape versus the standard aftermarket kits which have a little stretch to them and the final shape is influenced by the foam underneath.

Sixt8Chrgr

Yea they are NOS per Legendary.

Thanks for the info I will let the guy know.

bull

WTH? :shruggy: I find it hard to believe there are any NOS seat covers left in the world and that Legendary would be selling them.

Sixt8Chrgr

I found it hard to believe too. I read it on their website, and asked them when I ordered them. Apparently since my interior color is gold (weird unpopular color) they don't reproduce this color, and Legendary has a contact that still has large bolts of this material left over from when Dodge was making the seats. This is what they told me. And what I had to pay for the covers as compared to the other colors...sounds plausible. I had no choice if I wanted new seat covers I had to pay their price since I could not find them anywhere else.

Check out the site...scroll to the last color offering and it states it there.

squeakfinder

Had good luck with there black seat covers. Bought new cushion's also.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

bull

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on October 12, 2010, 06:35:27 AM
I found it hard to believe too. I read it on their website, and asked them when I ordered them. Apparently since my interior color is gold (weird unpopular color) they don't reproduce this color, and Legendary has a contact that still has large bolts of this material left over from when Dodge was making the seats. This is what they told me. And what I had to pay for the covers as compared to the other colors...sounds plausible. I had no choice if I wanted new seat covers I had to pay their price since I could not find them anywhere else.

Weird. Of all the 40-year-old NOS stuff left in the world soft vinyl parts would be the last thing I'd expect to see. Does the vinyl seem to be in good shape? You'd think it would have gotten hard and brittle after all this time but I guess it was stored properly.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2010, 02:29:25 PM
Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on October 12, 2010, 06:35:27 AM

Weird. Of all the 40-year-old NOS stuff left in the world soft vinyl parts would be the last thing I'd expect to see. Does the vinyl seem to be in good shape? You'd think it would have gotten hard and brittle after all this time but I guess it was stored properly.
It looks good.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: squeakfinder on October 12, 2010, 10:36:13 AM

Had good luck with there black seat covers. Bought new cushion's also.

Those look great.

ramairthree

Does legendary sell single seat covers, like if you only wanted one bucket seat cover, a headliner, etc.?

VS. both buckets, and rear sets, etc.

that gold is going to be such a rare color seen restored vs. black,
its going to be awesome.

and you won't be immediately hoping out of your seat like your butt hit a pile of fire ants on a super hot day like those of us with black!

Sixt8Chrgr

Still discussing the stitching issue with Legendary. I hope to have them back soon.