News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$50K For This 11-Second '64 Mercury Comet?

Started by Rustymuscle, October 08, 2010, 05:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustymuscle

Is This A/FX Clone Worth the Money or Is The Seller Smoking Crack? Check It Out:
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/flashback-friday-mercury-comet-afx-for-sale/

Under the hood the engine started with 460 cubic inches of Ford power and was stroked and poked to 557 cubic inches. It does have some modern pieces on it like the Trick Flow aluminum heads and Demon carburetor. Another modern toy it has is the two stage nitrous system that is good up to an additional 600 horsepower. Backing up all that power is a C6 transmission with all the billet and kevlar goodies inside to handle the power. You can use your imagination for the chassis setup but it is all correct and will certify. The paint is period correct and is complimented by the tilt front end. It's one and only trip to the track to date netted a 11.20 pass which certainly seems conservative for the engine combination. Cars like this one don't come along everyday so you may just want to jump on buy it now.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

BrianShaughnessy

It's pretty cool.    Not my place to judge how much it's worth but I'm sure ferd guys spend a lot of bucks on their cars like we do ours.    

Back to Comets...  friend of mine built this out of something he picked up a couple years back and got it on the road.   He added the straight axle front suspension and added ladder bars to the rear.   It's more of a bargain basement modded survivor deal.    I believe it's a 351 in it now.  
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

SFRT

absolutey worth it. it would cost more than that to build it again. no problem its a c lone..if this was a 'real' one youd be looking at 200,000-300,000 bucks or more.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us