News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GearVendor installation; '69 -body (Charger Daytona) with Dana

Started by hemi68charger, October 08, 2010, 08:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
OK, looking for illustrations and discussion on the installation ease/difficulty of installing the #3DFS727A into a '68-'70 B-body with a Dana, in particular, my '69 Daytona over there to the left. It's a 4.10 Dana car and I don't want to compromise the 4.10's (love 'em on the local streets, hate them on the highway). From one thread on the Charger Board, it looks pretty straight up... Anyone with a unit in a Dana-equipped car? If so, what was the length of the shortened driveshaft?
I have seen Pat's thread, but need driveshaft length for the 727/GV with Dana..

Thanks in advance..

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 08, 2010, 05:24:37 PM
Wouldnt GV be able to help you with this? :shruggy:

Good question Chris.. I talked to a friend of mine you can get it for hundreds off retail. They asked my buddy to ask me about rear gear ratio, tire height and tailshaft length.. Apparently they can alter the tailshaft housing to accommodate the original driveshaft length? Either way, I'll find out more Monday..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi68charger

Quote from: The70RT on October 08, 2010, 10:13:38 PM
Would you have to alter your floor though  :shruggy:

All indications thus far are no. GV redesigned the rear flange area and the speedo adaptor can be modified so no modifications are required. Following Pat's thread, it looks pretty straight forward.

Keepat's thread on the installation of a GV in his '68 Charger
Troy

The70RT

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 09, 2010, 05:46:19 AM
Quote from: The70RT on October 08, 2010, 10:13:38 PM
Would you have to alter your floor though  :shruggy:

All indications thus far are no. GV redesigned the rear flange area and the speedo adaptor can be modified so no modifications are required. Following Pat's thread, it looks pretty straight forward.

Keepat's thread on the installation of a GV in his '68 Charger

Cool, i didn't know that. That will give me more of an incentive to get one also.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

mauve66

make sure you get the right angle adaptor for the speedo, makes it alot easier

if you don't like the floor dimmer switch type button for activation you can get a smaller one that hides easier and you can hide the status lights also

the red/green led lights to the left of the radio face are the status lights
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mauve66

i don't have a pic of the smaller activation switch but its the same size as the momentary (sp) switch in aftermarket shifters for line locks and nitrous, etc, some people with aftermarket switches actually replace the momentary (sp) switch with the GV switch but of course that won't apply to you with the stock shifter
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 09, 2010, 11:54:36 AM
Is $2,700 the going rate for this unit?

Yeap,, if you know a distributor, you might get it at a good discount.. I'm getting nearly $600 off from the retail from a friend........
Troy

gtx6970

No offense, but I couldn't do that to a real Daytona.

IMO use similar cash outlay and buy a done 3.54 and shelve the 4.10 dana as an assembly

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 10, 2010, 09:55:22 PM
No offense, but I couldn't do that to a real Daytona.

IMO use similar cash outlay and buy a done 3.54 and shelve the 4.10 dana as an assembly

That is an option.. But, I wanted the best of both worlds... 4.10 performance and 3.20 driveability..... Real Daytona or not, there's no alternation of the car what-so-ever. At most I'll have to redo the headpipe to mufflers if the tubing is too close to the overdrive unit..... Plus, I'd have to sacrifice more floor space for the Dana...

I do appreciate your input Bill....
Troy

studio57

i have GV on my Chevelle and it is fantastic, 2000rpm and you are going 60miles.. less engine noise and better fuel economic.. does 11.2s on 1/4mile with mufflers and street tires, drive it back home. bit bad issue was the installing as i need to cut and raise the tunnel... but it was one day job taking the interior away and welding it tunnel bit upper. 
572 Aluminum Hemi + 6speed autom. 1968 Charger XV-motorsports Level II suspension.