News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

church of body modification and the UPCOMING lawsuit

Started by RD, October 06, 2010, 09:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

now dont get me wrong.. i dig tattoos, piercings and some extreme styles of modification for expressionistic value.. but the link below... the whole church thing just aint cutting it if you ask me...  I would consider it more "buddhist" w/tattoos if you ask me.. but buddha didnt promote body modification.  its shat like this where people think their extreme minority opinion should make the majority conform.  I am sorry, but dress codes are their for a reason, and this girls reason just aint good enough to circumvent that policy if you ask me.  when i was in the army, female soldiers who were muslim wanted to wear traditional garb instead of BDU/ACU's for religious reasons.  needless to say, they got denied.  if this 14 y/o doesnt like it, 2 flipping bad if you ask me.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39538644/ns/today-parenting/?gt1=43001

http://uscobm.com/mission-statement/

Mission Statement

We, the congregation of the Church of Body Modification, will always respect our bodies. We promise to always grow as individuals through body modification and what it can teach us about who we are and what we can do. We vow to share our experiences openly and honestly in order to promote growth in mind, body, and soul. We honor all forms of body modification and those who choose to practice body modification for any reason. We also promise to respect those who do not choose body modification. We support all that join us in our mission and help those seeking us in need of spiritual guidance. We strive to share a positive message with everyone we encounter, in order to act as positive role models for future generations in the body modification community. We always uphold basic codes of ethics and encourage others to do the same. We are a dynamic community, always growing and changing, continually promoting safety, education, and experience in body modification.

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

I agree!  2 flipping bad!

This country is on a downward spiral in every way. There is a time and a place for the way you dress.

Todd

learical1

LAUNCELOT:  We have the Holy Hand Grenade.
  ARTHUR:  Yes, of course!  The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!  'Tis one
      of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him!  Brother Maynard!
      Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!
      [singing]
      How does it, uh... how does it work?
  KNIGHT:  I know not, my liege.
  ARTHUR:  Consult the Book of Armaments!
  MAYNARD:  Armaments, Chapter Two, Verses Nine to Twenty-One.
Bruce

Old Moparz

The school system where I am has certain clothing banned for gang related reasons. They also have skirt lengths regulated, no short tops, no flip flops & a few other rules. I am not aware if body piercings are covered, but I know the town little league organization where my daughter plays softball has a jewelry ban for safety reasons.

Maybe the piercing ban in this NC school is for insurance reasons too?  :shruggy:

It's dumb letting kids get into a position where they can get hurt where it could have simply been avoided with some common sense. Like helmet laws on bicycles. I would bet money that if the kid was in gym class & got hit in the face with a ball & it tore the crap out of her nose ripping the snot collecting stud out the parents would have a lawyer drag the school into court.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 07, 2010, 01:08:37 PM

I would bet money that if the kid was in gym class & got hit in the face with a ball & it tore the crap out of her nose ripping the snot collecting stud out the parents would have a lawyer drag the school into court.  ::)

You are correct!   Wouldnt take long before a slimeball lawyer would jump on that.

Todd

RD

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 07, 2010, 04:40:08 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on October 07, 2010, 01:08:37 PM

I would bet money that if the kid was in gym class & got hit in the face with a ball & it tore the crap out of her nose ripping the snot collecting stud out the parents would have a lawyer drag the school into court.  ::)

You are correct!   Wouldnt take long before a slimeball lawyer would jump on that.

Todd

hell, denying her "right" to have this nose ring has the slime ball ACLU lawyers drooling.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TK73

What a bunch of crap, leave the kids alone.

Who gives a ripcrap if she has a piercing in her nose?

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

RD

Quote from: TK73 on October 07, 2010, 10:11:18 PM

obviously the school does.  its a policy, just like many schools have, that are most likely based upon liability issues.  so, you give in here, and like what has been said above, she gets hurt and her nose is torn.. then the sue happy family sues the school for damages and the taxpayer makes them millionaires.

i would rather say no to the piercing and have the girl realize, this is life, you dont always get what you want.  PERIOD.

TK73

Quote from: RD on October 07, 2010, 10:19:05 PM
Quote from: TK73 on October 07, 2010, 10:11:18 PM

obviously the school does.  its a policy, just like many schools have, that are most likely based upon liability issues.  so, you give in here, and like what has been said above, she gets hurt and her nose is torn.. then the sue happy family sues the school for damages and the taxpayer makes them millionaires.

i would rather say no to the piercing and have the girl realize, this is life, you dont always get what you want.  PERIOD.

The difference between a nose ring and earring concerning liability is...??  
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Quote from: TK73 on October 07, 2010, 11:04:16 PM
The difference between a nose ring and earring concerning liability is...??  

When I bump my ear it doesn't hurt much but my nose? Ooooh, man. Brings a tear to my eye.

Mike DC

If earrings are allowed then banning nose rings sounds like bullshit to me.   

Ponch ®

I'm pretty sure there's more potential to get hurt during a football game or in wood shop class than from wearing a nose ring. But there's no push to ban those (other than for budgetary reasons).

Now, I can see right through the "church"/ religious claims. But when you get down to it, pretty much every religion has some wacky ass aspects and rituals to it. So who are we to say "youre full of shit"?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

tan top

thought for a second , this was a bout them jap guys  injecting  air  or fluid under the skin !!   to give them selves lumps on their  head & stuff :rotz:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NGC414

I am hereby officially announcing my new chrurch of the MOPAR enlightenment movement. We need not conform to the opressive traffic laws of society nor do we answer to any speed restrictions.  :angel:

learical1

Quote from: NGC414 on October 08, 2010, 03:10:46 PM
I am hereby officially announcing my new Church of the MOPAR enlightenment movement. We need not conform to the oppressive traffic laws of society nor do we answer to any speed restrictions.  :angel:

Our Hemi, who art in engine compartment,
Hallowed be thy horsepower... :notworthy:
Bruce

Mike DC

You guys aren't even bringing up the best part yet - every dollar that touches the hobby would be tax exempt.  

Ponch ®

I can be the Jimmy Swaggart of the Church of MOPAR...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Lee

I would bet a fair number of us right here have had body mods before we were adults. Either a earring or tattoos, or the most common, circumcision.

learical1

Quote from: Brock Lee on October 08, 2010, 09:00:54 PM
I would bet a fair number of us right here have had body mods before we were adults. Either a earring or tattoos, or the most common, circumcision.

Only one out of those 3, and I wasn't consulted at the time as to whether I wanted the mod or not.
Bruce

RD

Quote from: Brock Lee on October 08, 2010, 09:00:54 PM

and... not sure how a circumcision, since covered by clothing, will affect a school's policy.  I am sure nudity is against said policy :D