News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plans for the Charger in 06

Started by chargervert, December 25, 2005, 12:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargervert

I hope to get into the resto on my 70 Charger R/T SE in the spring,and would like to do a fresh 440 for the Chargervert,as well as a 4 speed conversion for the vert! I have to finish framing the new garage,and then I can get back into the cars! Whats on the agenda for 06 with Chargers of other DC members!

TruckDriver

To get mine running and driving for the 1st time in 20 years :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargervert

Atleast you kept it all these years!Good luck gettin it back on the road!

TruckDriver

Quote from: chargervert on December 25, 2005, 01:15:37 PM
At least you kept it all these years!Good luck gettin it back on the road!

Actually, I bought it last year from a (chat) friend I never met yet. And I just got it home from Arizona this past August. He bought the car to redo, but his wife doesn't like the third gen Chargers (he always had '68s). It just came up in a chat we were having about old Mopars. I didn't even know he had this car til e said he was going to sell the '72. I wasn't even looking for a Charger real hard at the time. I literally fell into my lap. He first told me $2,500, but after I got the pics he took of the car, and looked them over, he then said I could have it for $1,500. Been a Arizona car all it's life. Last driven around '85, and was sitting ever since. Only bad rust spot is half the trunk floor cause the seal dry rotted and let water in, and it got into the carpeting that was in there, and rotted the passenger side of the trunk floor bad. So I need that half so I have a rust free trunk again. I would of never bought a '72 S.E. cause of the roof lines, but now that I got it, I'll fix it up. Although, I will sell it in a heartbeat for a 2nd gen again. I'm still pissed I listened to my now ex-wife and sold my '69 :-[
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Daytona R/T SE

I plan on finishing the Daytona conversion on my 69 RT/SE, and getting it over to my friend's place for it's paint job...

chargervert

Daytona R/T SE,I hpoe we will see some pix! My wingcar is more of a 2007 project. I have about 99% of the peices needed to finish it!

Nacho-RT74

move to spain with it once I end all the details ( and deals I have all around here in the board unfinished )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bull

In '06 I plan (Lord willing) to have the car painted, rebuild the 383 and 4spd and have them installed and get the interior finished. Then it be a long,expensive and tedious job to finish all the little details. If I'm very fortunate I'll have the car finished by next fall. However I'm realistically going to expect it will take until summer '07 before it's turnkey endeavor. I know no matter what shape it's in during '06 it will look better than DCX's '06 Charger. :yesnod:

chargervert

Hey DC guy,an Arizona CHarger for $1500.00 You cant beat that price,72 or not,that was a great deal!Nacho,I bet theres not many Chargers in Spain,Thats sure to be a stand out over there!Bull, I hope you will post some progress pics!

TruckDriver

Quote from: chargervert on December 25, 2005, 05:51:18 PM
Hey DC guy,an Arizona CHarger for $1500.00 You cant beat that price,72 or not,that was a great deal!

When he originally said "$2,500", I said SOLD! before he even finished his sentence. That was before I ever saw any pics of the car. It was really cool when he lowered it to $1,500.

There are deals out there yet :yesnod:
PETE

6pkrunner

Actually the only Charger I have is done. I am hoping against hope that this year I can get the GTS sprayed. However with 3 kids in university and the forth getting ready to go within a year and a half, the coins for the cars arer and few between. So I kid myself into thinking when they are finished I can get back to it.

TeeWJay426

Engine & tranny are coming out for a rebuild, chrome trim will be coming off to be redone, interior willcome out to get redone, possibly get the body started.... don't expect to have it back together until '07 sometime.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Silver R/T

fix it as much as I can afford it this year, including engine rebuild
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dodge Don

71Charger500

Engine is running beautifully, flowmasters on.  So now just some interior work mainly carpets and a really really good detail (which is one part of the job I can do very well) and the vinyl top and then it should be ready for May 15th when the keys are mine.  Just hope my 2 grand is ready   :-\
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

Pistolpete

on the road by june, that includes my completely rebuilt 440 6pack and a complete body and paint job..............yeah, I know ...wishful thinking , but I can hope can't I ??
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Brock Samson

Facing a tremendous economic squeeze I'll be happy if i can hold on and keep from selling her..
other then that,.. an alignment and Carb tune..

Ghoste

Reupholster the seats and get a proper high performance tuneup (which will likely turn into a cam swap).

joedotts

To get a loan and BUY MY FIRST CHARGER!!! may cant be here soon enough (summer vaca for college)

Silver R/T

If I get all the bodywork and prep done that would be great
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

chargervert

Hey Strato,try to hang in there! there have been a lot of years that I didn't have the funds to do much with the cars,but I still have them!If you sell it,you will not be able to replace it for the amount you get for it! I thought the prices of these things were all done going crazy when things platoed in 89,but by the mid nineties things started going crazy again,and haven't stopped since!

68ChargerJMP

Hey DodgeChargerGuy, I feel your pain. I took my 383 out of the car for a freshen up when I was a junior in high school, and that was in 1991, and its never been back in. I hope to put an end to the 16 year restification in 2006.

TK73

Continue to drive it!!  If things work out and I can spare the extra $$: new winshield, recover the bucket seats I bought.

Long term:

360 crate
run new exhaust
clean up and paint engine bay
battery move to trunk
paint exterior DP90
rechrome bumpers
tint windows
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Nacho-RT74

Yes Chargers in Spain is pretty more than RARE... I have known a Venezuelan carry on his Charger to Spain... a 72 if my info is correct. I also have know about an Architech with a Generall Lee in Barcelona and there is a member of the old board from Alava who imported a 69 from USA. I have his mail.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html