News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1st - 70 CHARGER - XP29R0

Started by 65post, December 23, 2005, 11:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Anyone have any info on this one?  I would like to get some pictures of it if anybody has any.Thanks and to all on this forum have a  Merry Christmas and a happy and safe new year.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Just 6T9 CHGR

This one?  I think its the only documented XP Hemi known and its #100001

I believe Chris over at the 70 Registry might have some info
www.1970chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Blakcharger440

Now that is rare and awesome!!! 1970 Rules!

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodge Don

I'd like to see the fender tag on that one.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

How old is that pic?  Is it from when the car was new or later on?

Chris G.

That car belongs to a guy named Howie. He used to have an ad in MCG looking for the original motor. He's from NJ and used to bring it to Englishtown looking the way it does in the pic Chris posted. I believe the car is somewhere in Texas right now. I have never seen the car in person  :-\. He owns some pretty nice Mopars.

Dodge Don

Oddly enough I was leafing through the January 2006 Hemmings Motor News last night and lo' and behold.....this car is listed for sale.

"Dodge 1970 Charger 500 , 426 Hemi, red with black interior and white bumblebee stripe, this is the Pilot Line car, yes, it's #1 and it's real! Documentation from Chrysler and Govier, a suitcase full, unmolested and completely original; being sold at the RM Collector Car Auction in Boca Raton, FL, Feb 10-12, Contact Donnie Gould , 954-566-2209, FL or dgould@rmauctions.com"

Now I did a double take.....what a coincidence, but how could the car be unmolested when Chris69 posted a picture where it written on with no stripe...hmmm......so I checked the RM Auction site for Boca Raton and the car is there....except it's a 69 500, not the infamous 70 Hemi 500. So it's apparently the first 69 Charger 500....nothing to sneeze at.

Ghoste

It's been qwuite a chore to get them to understand it's a 69 not a 70 but they are in business to sell cars and Dusenbergs are their main stock in trade so...
There are pictures of the 69 500 they have in another thread on here.

Shakey

Quote from: Dodge Don on December 26, 2005, 06:46:12 AM
Oddly enough I was leafing through the January 2006 Hemmings Motor News last night and lo' and behold.....this car is listed for sale.

"Dodge 1970 Charger 500 , 426 Hemi, red with black interior and white bumblebee stripe, this is the Pilot Line car, yes, it's #1 and it's real! Documentation from Chrysler and Govier, a suitcase full, unmolested and completely original; being sold at the RM Collector Car Auction in Boca Raton, FL, Feb 10-12, Contact Donnie Gould , 954-566-2209, FL or dgould@rmauctions.com"

Now I did a double take.....what a coincidence, but how could the car be unmolested when Chris69 posted a picture where it written on with no stripe...hmmm......so I checked the RM Auction site for Boca Raton and the car is there....except it's a 69 500, not the infamous 70 Hemi 500. So it's apparently the first 69 Charger 500....nothing to sneeze at.

:haha: :haha:

Good one Don!  Hope you had a good Christmas!

65post

Here is the old ad I had of this car from a few years back.It was for sale out of MI.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

bpj

Yes. That car is definitley owned by Howie up in NJ. I thought it was originally a white car though.... ???
I'll have to ask him.

Chad L. Magee

Yep, Howie's car.  He also owns the second 1970 Charger built (an RT/SE), plus some of the first e-bodies.  Both of the 1970 Chargers were orginally from Texas........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......