News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK, Here It Is: The '11 Dodge Charger R/T

Started by Rustymuscle, October 05, 2010, 01:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustymuscle

Check Out The Official Pics and Press Release. The Question Is: Is This Charger Closer to Being Worthy of the Charger Name?
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/first-official-2011-dodge-charger-details-images/

Of course, the big news is with the increased horsepower of the R/T model's 5.7L HEMI punching out 379 ponies and a monstrous 392ci HEMI pumping out 475 horsepower. This, accompanied with unconfirmed reports of a 8-speed automatic paddle-shifted ZF gearbox has all the makings of a Charger really inching towards really earning its namesake.

Light 'em up,
Kevin Shaw
Editor
Street Legal TV
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Death Proof

They should have offered a 2 door, but they won't won't because it's to expensive to manufacture and the demand wouldn't be that strong. They probably feel the Challenger covers that ground already. And the Cops like it better than the Crown Vic, except they like the bigger trunk on the Vic. I feel Dodge should get more creative... when you compare this design and price point to other cars, it makes it a weak choice (IMOP). Unless you're a diehard Dodge fan, and in that case, it could have looked like anything at any price.
:cheers:

MoparManJim

Quote from: moparstuart on October 05, 2010, 01:22:56 PM
not great , but definately better

I agree not great, it could be alot more better. The car still screams out enforcer yet. all they did was just change the sides alittle and put what you call them in the hood and change the tail panel alittle. The main part of the car is the front end which they yet seam to miss the point on  :shruggy:.  IF Ford was doing this car I bet they would have nailed it on the first shot  :icon_smile_wink: :lol:. They ace the mustang look very very well back in 05. But for Dodge they failed for the 06 charger look. If I had to choose between a new Mustang or Charger.. I would go Mustang  :yesnod: (sorry Dodge). :lol: 

Vainglory, Esq.

I think it looks really nice.  They did a good job with the door "scoop" in my opinion.

SFRT

it is still the muscle car equivelant of a guy toting a baby in one of those front slung papoose deals.

lose 2 of the doors and give it a decent grille. until you do, IT IS NOT A CHARGER
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Orange_Crush

The Charger name is on the car, people buy enough of 'em to justify a complete redesign...hate to tell ya...its a Charger.

I like it, but then, I've always liked it.  Wait a year until it comes out with the 8-speed transmission and the 392 Hemi in the SRT, and I may very well be in line to buy one.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

chargd72

Keep the name... change the name...   I would drive the hell out of that thing. 

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Rustymuscle

I too think its a large improvement but still is lacking - primarily in the nose department. Ever notice how similar it looks to the Mitsubishi Evo X? Check this out:

It even has the hood scoops. I mean, seriously Dodge. You couldn't have been unaware of this.

I think that a 4-door Charger can look cool if the doors are incorporated into the shoulder line properly. Frankly, I don't think it'd be a problem if they just stylized the car right.

But hey, I betcha when the SRTs hit the road I'll still be lusting over one...

-Kevin
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

mikepmcs

Quote from: Rustymuscle on October 05, 2010, 01:21:34 PM
Check Out The Official Pics and Press Release. The Question Is: Is This Charger Closer to Being Worthy of the Charger Name?
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/first-official-2011-dodge-charger-details-images/

Of course, the big news is with the increased horsepower of the R/T model's 5.7L HEMI punching out 379 ponies and a monstrous 392ci HEMI pumping out 475 horsepower. This, accompanied with unconfirmed reports of a 8-speed automatic paddle-shifted ZF gearbox has all the makings of a Charger really inching towards really earning its namesake.

Light 'em up,
Kevin Shaw
Editor
Street Legal TV

Kevin
Nice gradient mapping on the pics. :2thumbs:  Let me know if you need a photographer.   :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
Car looks pretty good to me. I'd drive it.  :drive:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ponch ®

Quote from: Rustymuscle on October 05, 2010, 03:53:00 PM
I too think its a large improvement but still is lacking - primarily in the nose department. Ever notice how similar it looks to the Mitsubishi Evo X? Check this out:

It even has the hood scoops. I mean, seriously Dodge. You couldn't have been unaware of this.

I think that a 4-door Charger can look cool if the doors are incorporated into the shoulder line properly. Frankly, I don't think it'd be a problem if they just stylized the car right.

-Kevin

I agree. I just think that as much at Dodge did to redesign the rest of the car (I love the new tail and the side scoops), they could have gotten a little more creative with the front end, instead of basically offering a stretched out version of the current design.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

dodgeboy67

just a thought, ........rename the charer intrepid, or stratus and let the charger name rest in peace until they can do it justice.....

for what its worth i think they are one of the better looking cars on the market...... lets face it, there is some real crap for sale out there.

472 R/T SE

My Mom is getting ready to retire so I'll be losing my ability to get smoking deals from her Dodge dealership.

I'm regretting buying my Magnum now cause I'd really like to own the redesigned Charger.  I'm really digging the old Charger styling ques they've used.   :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Death Proof

Quote from: Rustymuscle on October 05, 2010, 03:53:00 PM

-Kevin

The grill looks like it's trying to imitate some form of the Ram Trucks. How about some styling change to make the headlights more aggressive? Even the EVO looks meaner in that area.
But for families and police cruisers, I guess it could be in the running. :scratchchin:

On a side note, sadly the EVO pictured here would kick the Chargers butt in many ways. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

471_Magnum

They have got to give up on that ugly ass cross hair grille. I've hated it ever since it was re-introduced on the Ram trucks, and hated it even more when they incorporated it into the passenger cars. It's a huge wart the stylist have yet to overcome on any Dodge in the last 20 years.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Iceyone

Nothing to get excited about. Looks like the same old ugly car it's been since re-birth.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

bull

I didn't think they could make the grill any uglier but they managed to surpass my low expectations. :icon_smile_dissapprove: The design changes make me think of what a 10-year-old kid could do with a big cardboard box and a Sharpie.

When they change the platform we'll see if they decide to finally make a Charger. Until then the "improvements" only amount to a half-assed admission of regret.

UH60L

I tend to agree with alot of people on here, that while this is a huge improvement in many ways, it still has a long way to go before I would buy one.  I like the back.  I like the side body lines but wish the door(singular) had twin indents like a '68 to '70.  I like the fact that the hood indents are there (remember they were there in '68 way before the mitsubishi evo x was even a twinkle in it's designer's eye).  I hate the front end.  Still looks like a ram truck, to include the stupid hood to fender drop off.  The hood needs to be more flat and even with the top of the fenders.

The way I see it, I'll get alot less pissed off when I see one these driving down the road than I do when I see the current car (especially the fake daytonas) drive by.

I heard a rumor (probably just a rumor) that they were/are seriously considering a 2 door option in 2011.  I won't hold my breath.

Is it just me or does that front end look like it could just unbolt to expose a retro looking grill underneath?  If not, I am sure Danko will have a grill kit to make it look like a '68 or '69, and that will make a huge difference in my opinion.

Maybe Mr Norm could fix the doors (cut, weld, install, voila a 2 door).

If I ever win the lottery I think I'll have one built the way it should be or should of been.

charger Downunder

When are they going to make it in right hand drive. Nice car
[/quote]

1969chargerrtse

Nice rear, nice door, just not into the mopar cross hair thing.  On anything they use it on.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Back N Black

Man, thats just wrong, makes me want to pull the charger nameplates of my 69.