News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

resto guide

Started by el dub, November 18, 2010, 01:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

I'm looking for a good book on restoring 68 chargers. I see a lot of chargers here so I figure  somebody might have a good recommendation. Thanks
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: el dub on November 18, 2010, 01:53:28 PM
I'm looking for a good book on restoring 68 chargers. I see a lot of chargers here so I figure  somebody might have a good recommendation. Thanks

What type of restoration are you planning... and what type of information are you seeking?

If you are looking for detailed info, you might want one or more of these:

http://mmcdetroit.com/Market_Place/

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

el dub

Not really doing a resto but have a lot of interior things that need to go back like the dash and the gages, the heater cables, glove box, window stuff and door handles. Thanks
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

bill440rt

If you don't already have one, a factory service manual is an invaluable book to have.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Tilar

Check out this thread that Cody put together. It has links to many topics from different members here and they pretty well cover anything you will want to do and some you wont. There is a LOT of information there.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44041.0.html
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.