News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

window stainless

Started by BigBlockSam, October 01, 2010, 10:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on October 03, 2010, 12:23:59 PM
Can you please post close-up pics of the trim you bought ? we can all compare

Actually in my efforts of trying to salvage my 500.00 by trimming and so on, I don't think it would be a fair comparison . They look just like wind deflectors when they are in your hands or on the bench. They look terrible when they are (trying to be) on the a pillar..... :brickwall:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

daytonalo

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on October 03, 2010, 12:34:13 PM
so you modified them ?
Lets put it this way.....There was no way they were going to satisfy me the way they were. They fit like the square in the round hole . They still arent going to cut. Which is why Im having you make some that Im told "fit like a glove"  I do have a question though. do you still need to do the butyl tape deal where it sets on the W/S gaskey or is that unnessesary sinse they pressue fit at that point?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

i know my car is not finished but i hope these pics will help. i did nothing to these i just bought them and threw them on . after final paint i may file the top a little . i may not :sla
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

I eliminated the tabs on the glass side of trim , the screws on jamb side when tightened will keep my trim snug to gaskit

Rene Can we have a closeup of trim where it meets the other trim ? I cant believe no one else has pics , I have sold many sets here

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 03, 2010, 12:25:12 PM
Daytona RT /SE did you buy a set from Erik Nelson  as well ?

Not only no, but HELL NO !  :flame: :flame: :flame:

After the junk he sold me... :flame: :flame: :flame:

DAMN !  :flame: :brickwall: :brickwall: :flame:

Next time I want to throw $1000 bucks away and wait seven months for the final rectal insertion, I think I'll just get a really

expensive hooker, get caught in the act, go to jail and wait a few months for my cell mate "Bubba" to fall in love with me...

At least there's a chance "Bubba" might kiss me first... ::)

daytonalo

That is too bad . Where are you with your car ?

Larry

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 03, 2010, 10:36:40 PM
That is too bad . Where are you with your car ?

Larry

Dead in the water.

All pumps have failed.

Listing badly to starboard.

The rats have already abandoned ship.

All lifeboats gone...

Now...Where is that self destruct button ?

daytonalo

I thought it was in paint shop ?

Daytona R/T SE

daytonalo

Can you please post a pic of the trim from Erik nelson that are garbage ?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 03, 2010, 10:47:17 PM
Can you please post a pic of the trim from Erik nelson that are garbage ?

I didn't buy trim from E.K.   (Thank GOD)

I bought some other garbage from him.

daytonalo

must be headlight buckets . I spoke to him years ago and said he doesn't make any parts himself . rather he sold machinery and subs work out and that is where the problem is .

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 03, 2010, 10:59:11 PM
must be headlight buckets . I spoke to him years ago and said he doesn't make any parts himself . rather he sold machinery and subs work out and that is where the problem is .

Hmmm...At the time he said he was just setting up his new shop  :shruggy:

He probably changes the story depending on who he is li....errrr ...oops..."Talking" to at the moment.

I think "subs work out" means he just can't admit to the fact that he couldn't fabricate a decent bird house.

daytonalo

maybe one of " Jerry's kids "?

daytonalo

I'm not easily impressed we all know that but I will confess your metal skills are very impressive. I'm going to build a plug for my next car , I hope for a few tips ?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: daytonalo on October 03, 2010, 11:17:53 PM
I'm not easily impressed we all know that but I will confess your metal skills are very impressive. I'm going to build a plug for my next car , I hope for a few tips ?

Thank you.

I'll do what I can to help.

daytonalo

Troy

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 03, 2010, 11:08:49 PM
I think "subs work out" means he just can't admit to the fact that he couldn't fabricate a decent bird house.
:smilielol:
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.