News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steel Superbird Hood Extension Available?

Started by nitrometal, August 21, 2010, 11:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

Jack McGaughey has a steel hood extension available for $800.  Does anyone have one that they can part with for less?

Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

DoubleDlover

If i was you. I would pay the money and buy it from him now. I just got mine. And he told me i was lucky i ordered it because hes getting ready to retire from making the steel superbird parts. So dont f*** around if you need one. Pay the money before that door is closed. Just like the glass rear windows that one place was making a couple years ago and now have stoped.

Charger-Bodie

Not to mention that Jacks stuff is Very Very nice and worth more than the cheaper stuff. I got my nose top from him and it was a lot of cash but it fit awesome too.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

What most people fail to realize is that many repro parts won't be available in the future.
For instance, Mike at BEA only has a few sets of the turn signal lenses left in stock for Superbirds and when they're gone...they're gone. He won't be making another batch.
I need to order another set just in case.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

DonC1

I'll build the piece for $350. including shipping to you.
20 gauge mild steel, hammerformed and planished.
Superbird Bare nose cones $3000. Latch trays $500. Rear plug with seperate diamond pieces $2,000.
Fender scoops $500. a pair, Rear window trim..not OEM but similiar $250. 3 piece wings..HotRod98 had one..
I've been building steel wing car parts and clones for 25 years and ain't gonna stop anytime soon.
DonC
;D

hotrod98

Don builds an exceptional steel wing. It's sheet metal wrapped over a tubular frame. It's fairly light yet very sturdy. I sold it to Montana Bird a few weeks ago along with my Superbird clone project. I really hated letting that wing go.
I would prefer it over any fiberglass wing out there.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nitrometal

Quote from: DonC1 on September 02, 2010, 02:06:43 AM
I'll build the piece for $350. including shipping to you.
20 gauge mild steel, hammerformed and planished.
Superbird Bare nose cones $3000. Latch trays $500. Rear plug with seperate diamond pieces $2,000.
Fender scoops $500. a pair, Rear window trim..not OEM but similiar $250. 3 piece wings..HotRod98 had one..
I've been building steel wing car parts and clones for 25 years and ain't gonna stop anytime soon.
DonC
;D

PM sent.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

BradD

Don, Do you have wings ready to ship? What is the wing price? How much to ship to 47362? And how do you ship them?
Thanks, Brad

Dorn Autocraft