News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro Tach

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, October 05, 2010, 03:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I am thinking about putting a repro tach in place of my existing clock. Should I take this opportunity to replace the wiring harness under the dash? I am having no problems with electrical right now so part of me says to leave well enough alone. Does this tach just hook to the coil and a ground? I was thinking if buying from Year One or the like, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lawrence

WHITE AND RED 69

If your not having problems with any of the electrical then leave it for now unless you feel like it will crap out soon. I got a non clock tach from charger specialties(they also have the tic toc tach). real nice product and easy to hook up. it hooks up to the accessory fuse terminal on the fuse box and to the coil(unless you run an msd box, then the wire connects to the box)
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Nacho-RT74

I think new repro tachs accepts multi spark systems
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 05, 2010, 04:33:39 PM
I think new repro tachs accepts multi spark systems

The older repop ones didnt. Did this change?

I had one in my black car and my gold car both needed the msd tach adapter.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WHITE AND RED 69

The tachs from charger specialties work with the multi spark units without an adapter. My tach was purchased back in June and was hooked up to the coil and then I switched to msd after my orange box unit crapped out in sept. and all I needed to do was extend the tach wire to reach the box and has worked perfectly.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Sixt8Chrgr

I am running a chrome box.