News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much Dynamat do I need?

Started by Bobby41909, October 01, 2010, 08:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby41909

I want to Dynamat the entire interior including the roof.  I've read other threads that discuss this topic and the replies mention two boxes but there are several options when you goto buy.  Anyone know how many sqft I'll need for my 69?  I found an extreme mega bundle of 72 sqft for $299 with free shipping.  That enough?  Decent price from what other members have seen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PocketThunder

That wont be enough to do the roof.  Get a tape measure and measure out the total square footage of every surface you want to cover.  Thats the best way to know how much to order.   :2thumbs:

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

I got 100 sq ft and it was just enuf for the main floors and doors.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

they sell stuff at home depot that is very close for alot less money
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

THe stuff I used was also preety cheap as far as this stuff goes. I was very happy with it.

Heres a link :  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280537607401&viewitem=
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

The70RT

Just book marking the page so i know what to get  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nvrbdn

whats the name of the stuff u found stuart????
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jpsycoboy5

yes homedepot has it dirt cheep it is duct wrap insulation if you go that route i'd also get the duct wrap tape i did this in my 1500 and it made it very quiet in the cab now all i can mostly hear is the loose seals on the door and it also lowered the temp on the floor where the exhaust passes under while trailing my girlfriend can actually put here feet on the floor haha
1973 dodge charger se was 318 in process of swapping in 440

jpsycoboy5

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xjz/R-100185601/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053  That is what you need but i bought it in a roll and it was $40 the package said 60 square feet the link is just to get you headed in the right direction you will also need the foil tape i couldnt find a link for it but it is in the same area and is a shiny metal tape i hope i am explaining good enough
1973 dodge charger se was 318 in process of swapping in 440

WHITE AND RED 69

I used 2 full boxes of the dynamat extreme and a door kit to do the trunk, doors, and floors in my 69. I did not do the roof but if your not doing the trunk 2 boxes might be enough. maybe get some extra just in case? amazon sells the 36 sqaure feet boxes for $136 bucks with free shipping.  
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

pandamarie

I have used the FATMAT from ebay on a few cars and it works as good if not better than dynomat for less than half the price. I just bought 100 sqft for 85 bucks off of ebay and it was delivered in 2 days. Just make sure where you want to put it is clean and it sticks very good and does wonders for keeping heat out. I did the inside of my wifes vette every inch inside was covered including the doors and back storage area and I have about 40sqft left, will probably cover her nash metro with the rest.
Even sitting outside in 105 degree heat none has let go or come loose for the top.
I plan on using it everywhere on my 69 Daytona clone too.

maxwellwedge

Did you ask about Dynomite?

Bobby41909

gtx6970

I am about done installing Rattle trap from fatmat.com in a 1970 cuda. cost was about $200 for a 100 sq ft and free shipping
I covered from the base of the windshield to the base of the rear glass. including the entire roof. And I've about used up a full 100 sq ft. I'll still need to do the insides of the doors and 1/4 glass areas. Then will do the rear seat devider panel once it's in to completely seal the interior of the car from road noise and heat. so I'll need more , maybe 25 sq ft ?
btw, I have almost 12 hours in it to do what you see here

bill440rt

Another supplier you can try is Elemental Design's eDead80. Our own mod Just6T9 turned me on to the stuff when it came time to do mine.
It's the same material as Dynamat (foil backed butyl sheet), and thicker. It was also nearly 1/2 the price. Saved a bundle just because it wasn't printed with the Dynamat logo on it.
I don't remember the exact price, but I picked up 2 rolls of the stuff & still had some left over. Did everything except the roof.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Bobby41909

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 04, 2010, 09:49:24 AM
I am about done installing Rattle trap from fatmat.com in a 1970 cuda. cost was about $200 for a 100 sq ft and free shipping
I covered from the base of the windshield to the base of the rear glass. including the entire roof. And I've about used up a full 100 sq ft. I'll still need to do the insides of the doors and 1/4 glass areas. Then will do the rear seat devider panel once it's in to completely seal the interior of the car from road noise and heat. so I'll need more , maybe 25 sq ft ?
btw, I have almost 12 hours in it to do what you see here

Nice Job!  I always liked Subliime...Keep us posted on your build......Still hoping they make the 2011 or 2012 Challenger in Sublime.  Although I'd need to pay-off or sell my B5 SRT to afford another one. 

Bobby41909

Thanks for everyone's help.  I checked out everyone suggestions and almost pulled the plug on the ebay stuff.  However, I decided to go with Thermo Tech's Sound & Heat Control Mat.  Product is just like all the other Dynamat knock-off's and cheaper.  Both the Paint shop and Restoration shop that are working on my car independently recommended it after I told them I was doing some research. 

Resto shop had a current project which they just installed it in so I got to see it up close.  Both shops use it on most of their builds and had nothing but GOOD things to say about its all around performance.  So I bought 125 sqft this weekend from AutoPartsDealer.com for $361 shipped to my door.  Based on several comments above that should be enough to do the entire interior...

By the way, if you don't know about AutopartsDealer.com you need to check it out.  Their prices beat Jegs, Summit, Ebay and just about eveyone else I tried plus they offer free shipping!  Wish I found out about them sooner.  So far I've only used them for this stuff, the rear swap bar and a Powermaster 140amp alternator.