News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rap Music..

Started by mastermopar, December 24, 2005, 05:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

:hah: :hah: :hah:
Quote from: AKcharger on December 25, 2005, 09:41:45 AM
Well to actually to be honest and give Rap it's due credit I like to listen to Rap when I'm rioting. There's just no substitute when your in a mob flipping cars over then having "homicide" or "cop killer" playing in the background...reallly gets you pumped up and in the mood!

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

skip68

:popcrn: Thats O.K.!!! :scratchchin: Lets just watch and see how many are dead, in jail, and out of money ten years from now. :violin: Because you know they all have good educations and family values :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap:. I do think some is okay and shows a talent but most is repetative and in my mind here today gone tomorrow junk!!!! Oh , I do think it's good that they make money because that means they can buy their bling bling and shoes without having to steal them :lolexplode: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: Chuck....................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

71Charger500

Quote from: mastermopar on December 25, 2005, 09:18:58 AM

Actually I hardly listen to any new music period...It blows. No melody.. No harmony , No thought into the song period.. . I mean name me 1 really good band where all their songs do not sound the same.. I see better local acts in my area.. Of course these bands will never get a shot because they are not related to someone in the music industry.. But their songs are way better than the shit on the radio.. Rap , rock or Country...
     I would really love to move on in my life & I wish music would do the same.. I mean come on , Who is a better singer Marvin Gaye or Usher ..?? No Contest.. How about Stevie Wonder or 50cent...?? Again no contest.. What about Steve Perry or the homo from Disturbed WOOOOO WAHAHAHA... Again no contest.. How about Ashley Simpson or Carly Simon... No contest....   Then you have the musicians themselves.... They suck....... Just write a song & put words over it.. Why not write the words & then the music.. 70"s music @ least had a story.@ I was born in 1968. The music had cadence & heart.. excellent musicians that new how to play their instuments with passion..

Please , Give me some good music to listen to........... Besides my old cd's ...  

How about Ben Haper who just put out a new album, or any of those musicians you just mentioned?  No contest.  How about the genius jazz guitarist John Scofield who continues to make new music?  How about Govt. Mule, with an old school guy like Warren Haynes making new music with all this killer guest musicians?  How about the John Butler trio?  Or the new allman brothers music?  Or for that matter, most bands on the new jam band scene?  Just because you've heard some bad new music doesn't mean its all bad.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

runningman

I listen to everything, except heavy metal stuff.  But I won't criticize the music or the people that listen to it.......just not my thing.....

TeeWJay426

I usually never find out what the 'message' they are trying to convey is.... the assult on my ears generally leads to me turning it off within the first 10-15 seconds of hearing it.... :eyes:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

John_Kunkel

I have a hard time deciding which is worse, rap or real twangy cowboy music

Either is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

derailed

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 25, 2005, 03:28:44 PM
I have a hard time deciding which is worse, rap or real twangy cowboy music

Either is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
:iagree:

'CUDA360

I'm 41 and white so I hate rap  (no surprise)

I do find Eminem mildly interesting sometimes and I have always liked Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff.

All this gangsta stuff is useless though. It just gets young people used to the idea of violence and crime.
(spoken like a true dad)

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

CFMopar

I like the gangster stuff some times. Gets me pumped for my runs, gym, or a tournament I'm fighting in.

Personally I think some people do a poor job of raising their children if the easily become corrupted by music or violent video games. I've played violent video games, watched violent movies and all that stuff from a young age and I haven't shot no one yet  :-\   

Its easy to blame someone else for our problems than to look at what we might have done to create it.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Bluebeast

I've been listening to rap music since its inception way back when. I was also a DJ in two bands and I did all that scratchin' stuff as well. I don't really listen to any new rap music unless it's more of the intelligent sort such as Lyrics Born or something like that. As much as I love rap, I can honestly say that the newer stuff doesn't compare to what I listened to in the early 80's or even some of the stuff in the earlt 90's. As far as those people who say all rap is crap, I don't agree. I used to have friends who would listen to country all day long and tell me that rap music simply sucked, big time. I used to say, "I guess the song The Devil Went Down To Georgia is crap because it's nothing more than a rap song with a fiddle in the background." Made them think a bit. Anyway, to each his own.
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

hemihead

I feel that Rap has no artistic value and no social conscience with any morals.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

67RedCharger

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 24, 2005, 10:51:43 PM
Quote from: 70charginglizard on December 24, 2005, 06:35:06 PM
The thing that pisses me off is if you say you hate rap you get id'd as a racist. That's just so wrong.

eminem is white

Your spelling is off a bit I think,  Enema usually results in a brown outcome when done correctly  :yesnod:

Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

BB1

Don't like it either, but I love the old singing cowboys and the rest;  :icon_smile_big:

Johnny Cash
Roy Rogers
Gene Autry
Tex Ritter
Riders in the Sky
The Derailers
Dwight Yoakam
Buck Owens

Luv that 50'ds cowboy swing music, everyday...   :yesnod:

ok now you can dis me yo
Delete my profile

nh_mopar_fan

Yo, our brains are out to lunch
We buy our jewelry by the bunch
We can't sing or even play
Let's make a record anyway.

There are a handful or (c)rap song that I can stomach. But the amount of stuff that is ripped off, oh sorry, SAMPLED, is a pretty good indictaor of how creative the genre is.

Old Moparz

In general, I don't care for rap music, but I'm open to certain rap that has more musical content than most. I don't know if they still record, but "Us3" had a good sound that blended jazz into it. I bought a CD of theirs around the same time I bought Miles Davis' last recording. He died before it was released, but was working with some contemporary artist who finished the mixing it & released it. (DoBop was the name) It was rap or hip hop oriented, but also has jazz mixed in which gives it a more musical sound of what I'd consider listening to.

The one Mojo mentioned by Kayne is a cool tune with interesting lyrics, but the one reason it grabbed my attention was the backing vocals by Jamie Fox. I liked the older sound he gave that song & it reminded me of how Ray Charles did some of his music. I guess the movie "Ray" had a lot of influence on him. Another one that may or may not be true rap, but I like the way he blends it in, is "Beck" & I don't mean Jeff Beck. The lyrics are always secondary to me, & I personally don't care what they are or mean, as much as what the musicians are doing with their instruments or how the voice sounds.

Most of the rap I may catch spinning a dial on the radio, or flipping past a video channel, I'd just lump into top 40 pop music. That means I can't stand it. It's all "designed" & "promoted" to sell like processed food you don't have to refrigerate, like Velveeta. (It ain't effen cheese, remember that.)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Brock Samson

When it comes to "Urban Contemporary" as it's know in the Biz...  :icon_smile_big: though my tastes run more to FUNK like George Clinton and the classic '70s dance tracks... like A.W.B. The Ohio Player's, Earth Wind and Fire, Slave, Etc... I have several hundred actual vynal L.P.s

I have some awsome stuff that would be concidered "RAP".. not hip-hop like D.J. Cam etc.. but some real stuff from various cities, cause east coast - west coast and points in between have they're own characteristics which to the causal or predjudiced listener ("Haters"?) wouldn't readily be apparent.

If you have an open mind and Give a *&% here's my short list of some favorites..
some of these are kinda old now..

Mac Mall -  Untouchable,
DFC -  Things in the Hood
SPM -   Never Change
Fat Joe -   Jelous One's Envy
BackBone -   Concrete Law

These are entire CDs I really like, though they may be too hard for you.  :icon_smile_wink: The LYRICS are expressions of what it's like to live in an oppressed community,.. and the "Beats" tend to be made in the digital medium rather then on a traditional "insterment".
If you can't relate that's fine, but if your a "Hater" as many folks replying to this thread obviously are, then that's your problem.  :angel:

71Charger500

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on December 26, 2005, 11:14:10 AM

Then I guess you need me to remind you about the Roots, who have great players for every instrument in their combo, or the Gorillaz, with they're jazz flavored new CD with great bass lines and grooves.  Or all the funk artisits that create great songs that involve rapping.

Brock Samson

"learn instead of burn,.. hear what I say"...
    Jimi Hendrix.
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jimi-hendrix/71604.html

Mac Mall's Ghetto Stardom.

Now when I just made 12 years old
My mama told me:'Baby boy, you know you gotta be strong
And even though they lead you wrong, stay on the right track
Cause it ain't no get right without some get back.'
Yeah, I heard that, but back then I didn't feel it
Cause I was rollin' do or die, tryna see me a ticket, just kickin'
G-block, I said I'll never leave
Even when the rollers chase me down til I can't breathe
Nigga freeze, who me? Oh, never that!
I'm hittin' fence after fence until I'm chillin' at my doormat
Like a mack I had to get away
Cause I'm a smooth operator, ask Shanda
But the rollers in the V is so shady
If they could, they would plan something on me
But really, them ain't the fools I gotta worry 'bout
Cause white folks goin' loced in the white house
And I doubt a republican or democrate
Gives a f**k about us young inner city blacks
It's a trap, Uncle Sam keeps cursing me
Rather have me in the pen than the university
Yeah, it's a shame but mane, that's how it is
So ya better peep game and try to lace ya kids
Cause it ain't no tellin' what's soon to come
When the punk president might drop the bomb
Got me all stressed out with my brain on numb
My little cousin asking me where dope come from

Chorus:
They try to tell us in the verses and the scriptures
But I guess the real message must have missed us
In '96 all my brothers and my sisters
Is on a mission, we're trippin' livin' senseless
Tell me, will I see the sun in days to come
Will blacks be the victors instead of victims
Or will my people keep killing over f**kin' crumbs
Pushin' dope just to reach ghetto stardom

If you ask Mac Mall who I'm voting for
I say:'Farrakhan' as I'm hittin' the bomb
I .. to the swisher or the dohja spliff
Get elevated to another as I reminisce

About fresh candy paint and peanut butter tops
Young hustlers havin' paper, livin' top notch
And then the D-game straight decline
And all you Sawyer turf niggas makin' headlines
10 o'clock news or America's most
Unsolved mysteries, you better soak some dope
Then the judge starts droppin' the injuries
On all the gangstas, playahs, macks and G's
And you know you wont see 'em  til about 2 thou'
Cause ya boy got washed with a faulty assed trial
But at least one day he gone be free
Some soldiers ain't never gonna see the streets
That's why I keep servin' game over my beats
So all my people, in and out, can straight feel me

Chorus

There is nowhere for me to run
Nowhere for me to hide from reality
But I don't wanna be a casualty
Of another tryna smother a brother just cause my salary
And dog, I tell ya that these times' so sick
That my sister's smoking dohja, 8 months pregnant
My brother bubble on the grind and he's way legit
Working on his third strike and he still won't quit
But I can't tell him nuttin' bout a salary job
So in order to get tha paper the boy gotta mob or sob
All will fall to the waistside
While the rollers overlook they wanna take lifes
Youngstas they gettin' raised off the T.V.
Got white kids around the country wanna be me
And the way they point the finger ain't even shob
Television replace religion, now the gangsta's god
And old folks wonder why we so crazy
90 knuckleheads and 70 high babies
And can't nobody tell me that I'm wrong
Uncle Sam finding ways to fit computer chips in my dome
So I should ask before you slip
See it's higher than the ultimate trip

Chorus

You know, dedicated to DJ Cee, S-Double the Mac
Reach Ghetto Stardom
http://www.inlyrics.com/lyrics/M/Mac-Mall/132851.html

ok, so it ain't sweet home Alabama, deal with it.

skip68

I'm going to say this and then I'm done.!!! Blue Man Group, (I think that's the name) has more talent and creativity than 90% of Rap. :stirthepot: But, even though I'm a musician that writes top 40 (Bon Jovi, Brain Adams, ect.) style, I do see some talent in some of it. I don't like it , but I do see it as artistic.  :scratchchin: :horse: Chuck..........................

Ponch ®

Quote from: 360cuda on December 25, 2005, 04:22:43 PM

All this gangsta stuff is useless though. It just gets young people used to the idea of violence and crime.
(spoken like a true dad)

Here are some gangsta' lyrics:

"I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die"

"First time I shot her, I shot her in the side
hard to watch her suffer, but with the second shot she died"

"I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mastermopar

QuoteHere are some gangsta' lyrics:

Hmm ....... Sounds like a very bad rip off of I shot the Sheriff......
1970 CHARGER RT/SE 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1968 CHARGER RT 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1970 ROADRUNNER 440 + 6 V CODE POST 4 SPEED SUPER TRACK PACK AIRGRABBER

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: 71Charger500 on December 26, 2005, 12:31:31 PM

Then I guess you need me to remind you about the Roots, who have great players for every instrument in their combo, or the Gorillaz, with they're jazz flavored new CD with great bass lines and grooves.  Or all the funk artisits that create great songs that involve rapping.

and I don't need to remind you about the other 99% of the acts, right?

71Charger500

Quote from: Ponch on December 26, 2005, 05:16:45 PM
Quote from: 360cuda on December 25, 2005, 04:22:43 PM

(spoken like a true dad)

Here are some gangsta' lyrics:

1st one: similar to hung my head, Johnny Cash

2nd one: similar to millions of heavy metal songs and several sublime songs.

3rd one:  similar to Hey Joe, Jimi Hendrix made it famous but I don't know who originally wrote it.

Point is, these things are brought up in millions of songs, not just "gangsta" rap.

71Charger500

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on December 26, 2005, 07:35:54 PM
Quote from: 71Charger500 on December 26, 2005, 12:31:31 PM

Then I guess you need me to remind you about the Roots, who have great players for every instrument in their combo, or the Gorillaz, with they're jazz flavored new CD with great bass lines and grooves.   Or all the funk artisits that create great songs that involve rapping.

and I don't need to remind you about the other 99% of the acts, right?

Thats incredible.  You hate rap  but you've heard 99% of the artists?  Impressive. :o