News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rap Music..

Started by mastermopar, December 24, 2005, 05:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastermopar

I hate Rap music...... No talent whatsoever.

No lyrical content whatsoever......

All vocal arrangements are same as nursery rhymes & the ABC'S

Every Rap song has a 4 / 4 beat....

Pre recorded top 20 hit , remove old lyrics & rap the chitty chitty bang bang lyrical arrangement & you make 1 milloion & drive a Hummer...

Who buys this crap...??

Cheers , Just Venting
1970 CHARGER RT/SE 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1968 CHARGER RT 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1970 ROADRUNNER 440 + 6 V CODE POST 4 SPEED SUPER TRACK PACK AIRGRABBER

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

I think Ponch likes it. However it makes me want to blow chunks and then smash things.

Dans 68

That old adage of adding the letter "C" in front of "rap" works just fine for me.
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Silver R/T

ricers mostly and wanna be gangstas yo. I do not see how someone like 50 cent can sell that crap. whats next...1 cent. At least people used to have good titles out there no snoop dog and crap like that
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Andrew

Complete and utter shit - thats all I have to say.

greenpigs

Quote from: bull on December 24, 2005, 05:30:58 PM
I think Ponch likes it. However it makes me want to blow chunks and then smash things.

That says alot about rap, Mojo likes it.

I think it is rehashed beats with close to the same lyrics in most songs. Every now and then someone comes up with a new beat and the rest steal it and make there own hit off the sound. The Beastie Boys were ok but they had more music to the "raps" they did, ALL RAP isn't bad...just 99% of it.

I like the videos, something about a big butt :icon_smile_tongue:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

General_01

Rap is music? ??? News to me. :P
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Ponch ®

Quote from: mastermopar on December 24, 2005, 05:22:34 PM

Pre recorded top 20 hit , remove old lyrics & rap the chitty chitty bang bang lyrical arrangement & you make 1 milloion & drive a Hummer...

Who buys this crap...??

Cheers , Just Venting

yeah I like some of it. I always think that it's sad when you dismiss an entire genre of music based on what you hear coming out of some wigger's pimped out accord. That's like judging rock music because all youve ever heard is Good Charlote or Creed.

As Hank Jr. put it

"Cause I think what they done
Is well worth doin'
And their doin' it the
Best way that they can
Oh you're the only one
That you are screwin'
When you put down what
You don't understand
"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

70charginglizard

The thing that pisses me off is if you say you hate rap you get id'd as a racist. That's just so wrong.
70charginglizard

RD

some of the rap music actually contains messages that merit as well as any other song (like that is saying alot nowadays), but seriously, I will not discount all the rap music as much as I will discount all metal, rock, and country.  Some I do not like and some are bearable as is in all musical genre's.  For instance, I cannot stand opera, but I love classical orchestra, some would say they are the same, but they are not to me.   :Twocents:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ponch ®

Quote from: RD on December 24, 2005, 08:39:38 PM
some of the rap music actually contains messages that merit as well as any other song (like that is saying alot nowadays),

:yesnod:

from Kanye West's "Gold Digger":

"18 years, 18 years
She got one of yo kids got you for 18 years
I know somebody payin child support for one of his kids
His baby momma's car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV Any Given Sunday
Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was spose to buy ya shorty TYCO with ya money
She went to the doctor got lypo with ya money
She walkin around lookin like Micheal with ya money
Should've got insured got GEICO for ya moneeey
If you aint no punk holla We Want Prenup
WE WANT PRENUP!, Yeaah
It's something that you need to have
Cause when she leave yo ass she gone leave with half
18 years, 18 years
And on her 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

TK73

Quote from: Ponch on December 24, 2005, 09:11:21 PM
Quote from: RD on December 24, 2005, 08:39:38 PM
some of the rap music actually contains messages that merit as well as any other song (like that is saying alot nowadays),

:yesnod:

from Kanye West's "Gold Digger":

"18 years, 18 years
She got one of yo kids got you for 18 years
I know somebody payin child support for one of his kids
His baby momma's car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV Any Given Sunday
Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was spose to buy ya shorty TYCO with ya money
She went to the doctor got lypo with ya money
She walkin around lookin like Micheal with ya money
Should've got insured got GEICO for ya moneeey
If you aint no punk holla We Want Prenup
WE WANT PRENUP!, Yeaah
It's something that you need to have
Cause when she leave yo ass she gone leave with half
18 years, 18 years
And on her 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his"

Oooohhh, that hurts...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Silver R/T

Quote from: 70charginglizard on December 24, 2005, 06:35:06 PM
The thing that pisses me off is if you say you hate rap you get id'd as a racist. That's just so wrong.

eminem is white
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Andrew

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 24, 2005, 10:51:43 PM
Quote from: 70charginglizard on December 24, 2005, 06:35:06 PM

eminem is white

So is Celene Dion. ;)

4cruzin

We are talking about this WHY??   :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

my73charger

71Charger500

Who buys this crap...??

Cheers , Just Venting

Don't critize what you can't understand.- Dylan- Just because  most new rappers suck doesn't mean the entire genre sucks.  It's always funny to be when someone says an entire genre sucks.  Also, most music today is to a basic 3/4, 4/4, 6/8, 12/8, etc meter.  I don't know what you listen to but if you are a rock fan then this is going to be true 99.9% of the time.  The only exception I can really see to this is a guy like Steve Vai, or a band like Tool.  Also, I think songs by artists like Tupac or Kayne West have a lot of content.  You can say what you want, but rock talks about getting trashed and violence just as much as rap does.  So I think Duke Ellington put it best:  their is only 2 kinds of music:  good and bad. 
Some rap is bad.  Some is good.  Don't be ignorant.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

mastermopar

Actually I hardly listen to any new music period...It blows. No melody.. No harmony , No thought into the song period.. . I mean name me 1 really good band where all their songs do not sound the same.. I see better local acts in my area.. Of course these bands will never get a shot because they are not related to someone in the music industry.. But their songs are way better than the shit on the radio.. Rap , rock or Country...
    I would really love to move on in my life & I wish music would do the same.. I mean come on , Who is a better singer Marvin Gaye or Usher ..?? No Contest.. How about Stevie Wonder or 50cent...?? Again no contest.. What about Steve Perry or the homo from Disturbed WOOOOO WAHAHAHA... Again no contest.. How about Ashley Simpson or Carly Simon... No contest....  Then you have the musicians themselves.... They suck....... Just write a song & put words over it.. Why not write the words & then the music.. 70"s music @ least had a story.@ I was born in 1968. The music had cadence & heart.. excellent musicians that new how to play their instuments with passion..

Please , Give me some good music to listen to........... Besides my old cd's ... 
1970 CHARGER RT/SE 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1968 CHARGER RT 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1970 ROADRUNNER 440 + 6 V CODE POST 4 SPEED SUPER TRACK PACK AIRGRABBER

AKcharger

Well to actually to be honest and give Rap it's due credit I like to listen to Rap when I'm rioting. There's just no substitute when your in a mob flipping cars over then having "homicide" or "cop killer" playing in the background...reallly gets you pumped up and in the mood!

chargervert

My daughter was playin this rap song,and the lyrics went like this,I'm hangin at the ATM,yeah at the ATM,I'm waitin for some honkey to come put his card in,then I walk behind him,then I stick my 9 in then I take his money,car jack his honey!!!!!! I thought this guy isn't a misician he's a fu*cin criminal! I know criminals I work at the prison!!!! :rotz:

Ponch ®

Who buys this crap...??

Cheers , Just Venting

and i tell you what. if it is that easy to make a hit record and any moron can do it, then why dont u sell out, come up with a decent rap song, make millions, and then you can buy all the MOPARS you want. All your problems would be solved.

Do it.

Arthu®

How do you call it? Ignorance is bliss?

I mean come on first it is all rap music sucks, than it becomes all new music sucks.

Sure there is a lot of new stuff out there that's not the best, but that was the same in the 60's and 70's. You just don't hear those anymore (being the reason that they sucked), this doesn't mean that there were no bad songs, it just means we only remember the good ones, because they are played over and over again. I mean remember Disco Duck from Rick Dees or Stay a While by the the Bells? Those sucked big time, you don't hear them anymore (thank god).

Now there is good new stuff out there, some of bands you might not even know. This might not be your regular Top 40 hit, but they are good. By the way there still are popular, good songs. And in about 20 years you will only hear that 40 top songs from this decennia (sp?) on the radio and you would think that they only produced good stuff now.

As far as rap goes, I can appriciate it from time to time. Really depends on the mood. I do like the Golddiggaz song by Kanye West. But I can also appreciate songs from eminem, 50 cents to tupac.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

viper r/t

Rap music never did anything for me. That's just my :Twocents: