News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tom Boldry’s Pro-Touring ‘69 HEMI Dodge Charger R/T

Started by Rustymuscle, September 28, 2010, 02:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustymuscle

To Read The Whole Article on Tom's Awesome g-Machine Charger, Click Below:
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/custom-69-hemi-charger-rt-street-machine/

Call it a street machine, a cool custom, a Pro Tourer, or a g-Machine, Tom Boldry's wicked black-on-red '69 Dodge Charger R/T is a perfect example of old-meets-new. The Kansas City, Missouri native brought his shaved, smoothed, and Frenched HEMI Charger to last year's Good Guys annual Street Machine auto cross event in Columbus, Ohio. There, Boldry placed in the Top 5 for the Street Machine of the Year awards.  The beautiful '69 Charger stood out among the Pro Touring crowd, and showed that classic muscle can play ball with the late-model toys.

Light 'em up,
Kevin Shaw
Editor
Street Legal TV
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

WHITE AND RED 69

Awesome car.  :drool5:

I wish they would have kept the door handles though.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

orange383

Sorry. I don't like it! It just doesn't look right.
I appreciate the high standard of work that has gone into it but they look better standard IMHO!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: orange383 on September 28, 2010, 02:59:25 PM
I appreciate the high standard of work that has gone into it but they look better standard IMHO!

:iagree:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 28, 2010, 03:41:08 PM

:iamwithstupid:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

I'm pretty sure it's been posted on here before but anyway, I'm with the rest.  It didn't impress me appearance wise in pics and even less so when I saw it in person.

tan top

lot of  clever work & some hours have gone into that thing  :yesnod:
looks pants though !!!    :down:   got to be stock looking  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparManJim

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 28, 2010, 04:01:08 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 28, 2010, 03:41:08 PM

:iamwithstupid:

I'll 4th that.

It looks like one of those street machine toys more then it does a real car. 

Darkman

Now I am into modified cars even classics, but this does not do anything for me! It is not nice at all. Only 1 thing I do like about it is the exhaust in the rocker panel, it is a lot neater than having the pipe stick out from under the car.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

RD

i sure as HELL would not kick it out of my garage!! I AM DIGGING IT!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Back N Black

Sorry, you cannot improve on the charger styling. Its different but not better. :Twocents:

mikesbbody

I like it and dont mind the shaved handles having said that, I would not have taken things so far in that direction dont like the Wheels and R.B Tires but appreciate the work gone into it. Pretty sure this Charger was in a recent issue on Mopar Action Magazine.

rattlehead_74

bad ass,i love how they re-created the hood in the engine compartment,and the air intake system,,2 thumbs up !oh yea and the grill  ,,awsome  :cheers:

noff57

vancamp

i can appreciate the effort but, i like door handles, i dont care how they done the front valance, or the engine bay.

Cooter

Check out the dropped rocker panels...Now if this were a new "Concept for the all new 2012 Dodge Charger, then i'd be online...As it stands, dude has a nice ride no doubt, but I just can't get past that "Too rounded" look of the front end..It reminds me of a person with too much food in his/her mouth and both jaws poking out..My .02
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

suntech

Same here, can not get past that rounded nose. On the top picture on the web site, the stance looks pretty nice, but imo the rear wheels are too big. And i did NOT like the recreated hood under the hood.
To much bling for me!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Darkman

Quote from: mikesbbody on September 28, 2010, 07:42:31 PM
I like it and dont mind the shaved handles having said that, I would not have taken things so far in that direction dont like the Wheels and R.B Tires but appreciate the work gone into it. Pretty sure this Charger was in a recent issue on Mopar Action Magazine.

I've got that mag. Lots of work went into it. Flaring the front fenders is what spoiled it for me. I do appreciate the work gone into it, but wouldn't go that far myself
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

MoparManJim

mikesbbody

Quote from: Darkman on September 29, 2010, 05:20:39 AM
Quote from: mikesbbody on September 28, 2010, 07:42:31 PM

I've got that mag. Lots of work went into it. Flaring the front fenders is what spoiled it for me. I do appreciate the work gone into it, but wouldn't go that far myself

I did not know they flared the fenders but it's been awhile since I read the magazine I agree with you
Things were taken a bit TOO far IMO  :Twocents: