News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just 33 1969 Belvederes ordered with the 383!

Started by hemi24, September 26, 2010, 08:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi24

this is off our local craiglist today i don't know if this guys right on his claim of only 33 made what you guys think?

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/1973706313.html

I am thinking of selling my 1969 Plymouth Belvedere, which looks exactly like the Roadrunner from that year. It was ordered from Resnik Motors of Whitewater, Ks with the 383 big block, automatic transmission, and 2.76 Sure Grip 8 ¾ rear end. Air conditioning was added by Resnik as a dealer add on It is a very rare car because the 383 was the biggest engine option available for the Belvedere and very few people ordered it; in fact, it is one of just 33 1969 Belvederes ordered with the 383! It has its original numbers matching engine and transmission. It is an original 2 barrel car but I will include a period correct 4 barrel intake that I bought, stripped, and painted. Since purchasing the car from the original owner, I have flushed the fuel tank and fuel line and replaced the in tank filter, inline fuel filter, fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap, rotor, points, condenser, valve cover gaskets, valley pan gasket, and exhaust gaskets. I also had the carburetor rebuilt. I rebuilt the brakes by replacing the master cylinder, all four wheel slave cylinders, brake pads, right front hard brake line, and right front soft fuel brake line. I had the radiator hot tanked and repainted and I replaced the thermostat, water pump and water pump housing. I stripped and repainted the water pump/pump housing, valve covers, intake, and air cleaner housing. I have cleaned, buffed and waxed most of the car-the paint is at least 25 years old but I was very surprised how nicely it cleaned up. It is a good driver and very complete, but certainly not a show car. The quarters have some rust coming through and the floor could use some attention. The trunk is quite solid with some rust in the middle of the trunk pan. There are typical dings and scratches as would be expected from a car this old. All the glass is good and windows work as they should. The exhaust is complete and quite-with no leaks, which is surprising. The air conditioning and windshield wipers don't work. The tires are fine for running around town but they could use replacing. You can have your choice of the Mopar road wheels pictured or the original body colored steel wheels and aluminum hub caps. I just use this car as a run around town car and it has been a blast to drive. I always get looks and thumbs up everywhere I take it. However, I have 5 cars (3 Mopars) and am thinking of turning my attention to my 1970 Barracuda. I have a clean Kansas title in my name and the Broadcast sheet (which is now laminated to preserve it). Anyone looking at this ad knows that it is SO HARD to find a big block 1968-1970 2 door Mopar that is complete, unmolested, AND roadworthy! It is by no means perfect but it is a car that can be enjoyed WHILE YOU DRIVE IT! I am askin $7900 obo.

Cuda Barracuda Challenger Charger Roadrunner Road Runner Satellite Belvedere Superbee Super Bee Coronet Mopar E B body 440 383 340 Dodge Plymouth Chrysler 8.75 Suregrip posi

TeeWJay426

Technically, he is correct... there were 33 Belvedere 2-door coupes built with the 383 2-barrel. There were another 48 with the 383 4-barrel. That doesn't include all the other Belvedere variations available that year that came with the 383 though.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Old Moparz

That's a pretty cool car.   :2thumbs:  I'd actually rather have that, or a Satellite, than the base model Road Runner.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

Really?  Why is that? (especially in light of your dusting off your Road Runner)

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on September 27, 2010, 08:16:37 AM
Really?  Why is that? (especially in light of your dusting off your Road Runner)

:lol:

Well, I wouldn't get rid of my Road Runner for that Belvedere, I only meant that I'd rather have it if given the choice. I kind of like the oddity part of having it. I did go look at a 1970 383 Sport Satellite before I found my Road Runner, & also tried to get in touch with a guy in Ohio that was selling a 1970 6 Cyl. Belvedere with 45K on it, but it was sold.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ACUDANUT

Man, I don't know. I just tried selling my 71 Charger that runs and drives and only got a high bid of 2,100. Good luck.

WINGR

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/1973544123.html

Check this 69 Belv out, now this one's rare.

1969 Plymouth BELVEDERE - $2900 (Livonia)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-09-25, 6:01PM EDT
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1969 Plymouth BELVEDERE, RL21H9A, factory 383 Super Commando, 727 trans. and A31 high performance axle package.(the only three options on this car). Original A4 silver body, roof and wheels.Black bench interior. Car is completely assembled except engine is apart. Original parts include #'s matching 383, Hemi susp., 3:91 rear, 054 radiator, do not have original trans.. All body #'s match. I have fender tag and build sheet. This car is 1 of 18 built with auto trans.. This car will need a complete restoration including left rear frame rail,floor pans.trunk and quarters. $2900.00 (734)464-8184 John

roadrunner,road runner,satellite,gtx.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1973544123