News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats it worth-machined 440

Started by motorcitydak, September 29, 2010, 03:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorcitydak

My brother has a motor from a former project that he wants to unload. It was a running 440. Sent to the machinist who said it was .059 over so he finsihed it out to .060 along with a general cleaning and magna flux. It was half filled w/ block hard too. The block is a '68, 904 heads iirc, eddy intake and carb. He wants to sell it off now, any ideas on a price?
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

RD

well, i am not an expert, but having the block half filled just limited the number of people he will be able to sell it to.  did he have the mains aligned bored/honed?  was the cylinders torque honed?  new cam bearings?  decked?

if none of the extras, i would say $600-700 will get it sold depending on your location.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TylerCharger69

In my opinion???   Keep looking.....And  .059?????   That's a strange number to bore an engine too