News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 eng paint

Started by my1st68charger, September 25, 2010, 09:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my1st68charger

hey guys i'm ready to paint my 383,I know that the org colour is turquise .I want to know if there is an actual heat paint for that or if i'm gonna have to use some other kind of paint like urathane.your input would be apreciated.thanks

Ghoste

You can find it in a proper engine paint (heat resistant that is).

my1st68charger

I guess at a speed shop because theses guys at my local parts store can only get me hemi orange or black .

adauto

try a bigger NAPA store, if they dont have it they can get it. Thats where I got the paint for my pont
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Ghoste

I believe your Chrylser dealer has it as well although it likely isn't too cheap from them and all too frequently their parts counter people can find stuff either.

Charger-Bodie

Spray it with 1988 Porsche M7 acrylic enamel. Its right on for Turquoise and the most durable paint you can use on an engine. Use hardener if you want gloss or without out if you want it semigloss (more factory like)
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BSB67

VHT rattle can engine enamel from local parts/paint store.  It was better than the Mopar paint.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

my1st68charger

Thanks for your input guys .I have another questoin to ask.What colour would you guys paint this 383?turquise or hemi orange ?My firewall and under the floor is painted sublime green.I have no fender tags or anything like that.

Ghoste

I'd do the turquoise, the Hemi orange has been overdone.