News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Console

Started by 68MoparCharger, December 31, 2005, 05:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68MoparCharger

What do I need, to put a console into my 68 charger? Right now I have the 2 bucket seats with the armrest/seat in the center.
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!" - Metallica

8WHEELER

You will need these brackets and make this hole, find a car with the int out and get some measurements.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Shall we assume it's for an automatic trans?

Troy

Quote from: bull on January 01, 2006, 10:54:23 AM
The console brackets are the same either way. :P

To expand on what Bull said, if you have a column shift car right now you'll also need a non-column shift steering column. You'll need to cut the round hole in the floor for the shift linkage and you'll need the console shifter and linkage of course. Naturally you'll also need a console, top plates, trim, wiring, and carpet. You'll need to remove the bracket for the buddy seat but you can sell the entire assembly to recover some of the cost. If you do happent to have a 4-speed car then you'll need a new shifter handle and the expensive console parts.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Troy on January 01, 2006, 11:10:52 AM
Quote from: bull on January 01, 2006, 10:54:23 AM
The console brackets are the same either way. :P

To expand on what Bull said, if you have a column shift car right now you'll also need a non-column shift steering column. You'll need to cut the round hole in the floor for the shift linkage and you'll need the console shifter and linkage of course. Naturally you'll also need a console, top plates, trim, wiring, and carpet. You'll need to remove the bracket for the buddy seat but you can sell the entire assembly to recover some of the cost. If you do happent to have a 4-speed car then you'll need a new shifter handle and the expensive console parts.

Troy

I don't doubt you are correct but that auto trans picture Dan posted looks different than my 4spd. setup. I'll have to go through my pics later to prove it to myself. It's probably a moot point anyway since chances are he's got an automatic.

68MoparCharger

Thanks, yeah it's an automatic column shift.  Does anyone make aftermarket brackets for the console, or do you have to go salvage/ fabrication.

Troy

You'll need to buy them from someone used. The plastic console body and carpet are the only repro items that I can think of.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68MoparCharger

Alright, thanks alot.