News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is Classic Body Designs(Ron Lushia) still in business??

Started by 68ChargerJMP, September 23, 2010, 01:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

I know I posted this in the paint/body section, but I figured Id get more reads and at least one reply here.

motorcitydak

It does not appear to be  :-\ The web site is down and I just tried to call his cell phone and it says the number does not exist or something like that. This is a huge bummer because I really need a passenger side quarter panel
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

hemi-hampton

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Troy

Quote from: suntech on September 30, 2010, 07:59:08 AM
Call AMD  :cheers:
One problem with that - they will not be releasing 70 fenders. The CBD stuff is very nice and there is some overlap with AMD (but not everything).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

suntech

QuoteOne problem with that - they will not be releasing 70 fenders.

I know........i was replying motorcitydak that was in a desperate need of a rearquarter  :cheers:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

motorcitydak

Yeah I know but Ron is a cool local guy and I really wanted to buy from him since I already have the drivers side from him
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

rlushia

Yes I am alive and doing well. Have been in the midst of moving but will be available soon. I would not close up with out posting it. I will post soon with new information for you guys. If someone is in real need of quarters or skins right away contact me and I will leave a personal number for you to get in touch with me. Things have been slow but I am hanging in there. By the way no one calling about the car even hmmmm  Used to have people asking me all the time to sell it, I guess the economy is that bad.

Thanks Guys and Girls

Ron

xs29j8Bullitt

Glad to see you are hanging in there Ron...  Your quarter panels worked great on my Charger 500.  Every time there appeared to be a flaw in them, it turned out to be installer error on the part of the first body shop that I used.  I have been extremely pleased with your product!  I have thought about buying a pair from you for my 1968 Hemi Charger, but I do not know if they will be needed... and budgeting the money will be a problem at this time.  :P

Maybe the guys with more immediate needs will send some business your way...

BTW, my Charger 500 with the CBD quarter panels finally was painted last weekend... have a look:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

motorcitydak

O thank you, you scared the crap out of me there Ron. Ill be in touch in a week or two
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Dodge Don

I used a pair of full quarters and a pair of door skins from Ron......they were fantastic. This was before AMD existed.

68ChargerJMP

Bobby41909

I've used AMD for a number of items and been pleased with quality and fit.  BUT their sheetmetal products are lacking.  I went through 2 driver doors and both fit like crap.  Also a front passenger fender that didn't follow the body lines as it should.  We ended up fixing the original ones I had and they worked out great.  I thought it would easier/cheaper to buy new then fix the old stuff but not if you want quality.

runningman

Quote from: Bobby41909 on October 08, 2010, 09:28:30 AM

I've used AMD for a number of items and been pleased with quality and fit.  BUT their sheetmetal products are lacking.  I went through 2 driver doors and both fit like crap.  Also a front passenger fender that didn't follow the body lines as it should.  We ended up fixing the original ones I had and they worked out great.  I thought it would easier/cheaper to buy new then fix the old stuff but not if you want quality.

What stuff did you get that you were happy with?  I thought all they did was sheetmetal?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Bobby41909 on October 08, 2010, 09:28:30 AM

That is by far the harshest review of AMD products that I have ever heard... can you provide more details about the problems... and pics if possible?  I used the AMD reproduction rear valance, valance corners, trunk floor, trunk floor extensions, rear crossmember, and other small parts with zero fit problems related to the AMD parts...
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

charger_fan_4ever

Only amd part I've came across so far that wasn't as good of a fit as the original has been the rain gutters. 1 lip was slightly longer and the other slightly shorter. Will need some tweaking. Full front floor and footwells fit like a glove and have all the original brackets already in place.  :2thumbs:

Bobby41909

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on October 08, 2010, 12:11:30 PM
Being their poster boy please do explain  :nana:

I'll start out by saying I am glad they are around reproducing so much new stuff.  BUT, I got a new driver door, shipped directly from Georgia.  Put the door on and it looked great from the outside.  But the China-man who made it (this coming from AMD) put the inner skin on an inch and a half too far forward.  We sent the measurements to them and they measured 10 doors in the warehouse and all of them were off.  Apparently they are doing a Charger build so they measured that car and sent a door they thought would work.  At that time we decided to replace the passenger fender due to the rounded front area being slightly damaged.  The restoration shop dealt with this not me so I don't know the gentleman's name who they contacted at AMD but he was great.  He sent a new door and the fender and didn't charge me again for shipping (door only).  Well the replacement door was better but not right and for $700+ it better be perfect.  Additionally, the shape of the fender wasn't correct.  As it was explained to me, the fender didn't have the proper curve (from the top to the bottom) making it very flat.  The body guy said he'd have to add too much bondo and work the metal to make it right.  We're not building a bondo bucket so I sent both the door and fender back.  AMD was very understanding as apparently they knew they had an issue with a run of the doors from China (they said nothing of the fender).  They let me keep the other door which was painted orange and is getting an "01" which will hang in my garage.

Apparently their stuff in made in China so maybe those items were made on a bad day which lacked a quality review.

I purchased all my glass from them but it's still in the box so I am hoping for the best.  I also purchased a set of their new hood hinges and they work great!  I got their battery tray kit and lower radiator support, both are really nice.

I am sure they are good guys and maybe you'll get good stuff most of the time but not everytime.

Oh as a reference other then a small patch in the lower passenger quarter, my Charger has all of it's original metal and was stripped prior to paint.  So its not like we were trying to match up to panels that weren't correct.