News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think

Started by stuga, September 22, 2010, 05:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuga

Okay, I'll tell you my plans and you tell me your idea's 71 SE charger. Original 383 gone(I'll put in a correct year block) Auto on floor (center console) AC car with rallye gauges. I'll either use a solid bulge hood or the superbee hood I both have. Bumpers? I never thought the 71 SE came with painted bumpers, but I'm probably wrong. Can someone give me info on this one. Original color unknown :shruggy:, fender tag missing( bummer :brickwall: ) Don't know if biuild sheet is there (picking car up Sunday if everyhing checks out okay) New color undecided, I like the white or a gun metal silver. So what do all think? :scratchchin:

stuga

No drooooling. you might make it rust

elacruze

Already an empty big block bay, why go with a small motor?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

MoparManJim

To me it looks like a car that is now in pieces. Keep at it man and you'll get it in back in shape and looking very very beautiful.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

stuga

The guy I'm buying it from purchase the car this way from another guy who took it all apart about 15yrs ago. The guy who is selling it to me checked to see if all the parts are present before he purhased it( goofy hah). I'll keep it a 383 big block car because I can get more power with the higher RPM on a 383 than a 440 and a 426 hemi ain't in my bugget.

41husk

I don't think th SE was offered with painted bumpers, but Natcho will know for sure. Even if they were not offered, I like them better :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68RT4ME

Quote from: stuga on September 22, 2010, 06:33:34 PM
The guy I'm buying it from purchase the car this way from another guy who took it all apart about 15yrs ago. The guy who is selling it to me checked to see if all the parts are present before he purhased it( goofy hah). I'll keep it a 383 big block car because I can get more power with the higher RPM on a 383 than a 440 and a 426 hemi ain't in my bugget.

Are you looking for horse power or torque? either way, the 440 wins.  :popcrn:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

chargd72

Not sure if they came painted either but it looks like a 72 grille to me.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

CDN72SE

Quote from: chargd72 on September 22, 2010, 11:33:53 PM
Not sure if they came painted either but it looks like a 72 grille to me.
Should be a '71 its got the DODGE on the driver's side headlamp door.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

Nacho-RT74

grille is 71... bigger spacing betwen vertical fins, so less vertical fins than 72s. So that one is 71 ( if I was to fit hideaways sure will be 71 kind ) true they got the DODGE badge on driver side door. Being 71 hideaways were on 71 SE standart and Bees and R/Ts options they are harder to come by, than 72s where were optional on some other models, even standart on Toppers.

Colored bumpers were to Bees and R/Ts only, and they were rubber coated first then painted, not simply sprayed over metal
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

stuga

Thanks for the info on the bumpers guy's. I'm hoping to find the build sheet when I pickup the car this Sunday, but if it's not there then it will be a open slate to rebuild. I was looking for a new project to do a correct numbers matching restoration, but this one seems to good to pass up on. With the guy telling me the condition of the car and both front fenders being NOS ( I hope) ,the rear quarters are in good shape and the front grill looks pretty good and the current owner Say's the trunk and floors and frame are all solid.I take the ride to go see it because I don't think another good deal like this one will come along to soon. Plus I want a 71SE, but please don't tell my 73 SE

Finn

That's one of the nicest looking 3rd gens Ive seen. Love it!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikesbbody

Nice 71 and 73! you will definitly get more power Torque out of a 440 though  :2thumbs: paint it whatever color you like it's your car. The inner hideway's look like 72's? I always thought 71's had the horizontal thing going all the way across? if you want to paint your Bumpers that's fine  :Twocents:

stuga

I was thinking of keeping it a year correct 383 do to resell value, but I guess it don't really matter I probably won't sell either one. I already have a spare 1969 383 block and a 1977 400 block and the car comes with a 1974 400 block so unless I can get a great deal on a 413,426,440 I will have to go with what I have already. Thanks for the complements on my 73SE. My son and I did a total rebuild on it as a father and son project and we must have done a pretty good job, it's won 1st place at 2 of only 3 car shows we have gone too so far and we didn't build it as a show car. Here's a photo that he is using as a senior year book photo that his teachers wanted.(never to early to teach the next generation of mopar lovers :yesnod:)