News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone have?

Started by G-man, September 21, 2010, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

I need 2 screws that screw down the reverse light switch on the steering column (68 charger).

Anyone got them? They are very short and they have a washer on them... if anyone has 2 spares, I need them, the ones I pulled out have no thread on them.

Thanks heaps!

Darkman

Could you take them into Coventry Fasteners and see if they have something?
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

doctor4766

Post a pic of where the switch is G-Man.
I converted mine to floor shift but the switch and screws are probably still on my column.
Gotta love a '69

histoy

Fastenal is another place to check.

elacruze

Small Parts Inc. has any tiny thing you can imagine. It's been an irreplaceable resource over the years. I'm sure somebody can come up with originals, but if not give them a look.

http://www.smallparts.com/
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

PocketThunder

Quote from: G-man on September 21, 2010, 08:51:49 PM
Hi

I need 2 screws that screw down the reverse light switch on the steering column (68 charger).

Anyone got them? They are very short and they have a washer on them... if anyone has 2 spares, I need them, the ones I pulled out have no thread on them.

Thanks heaps!
Reverse light switch on the steering column?..??   :ahum:   What are you talking about?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

John_Kunkel

No hardware stores in your town?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

G-man

Reverse light switch on the steering column?..??   :ahum:   What are you talking about?
[/quote]

Its a rectangle switch that sits under the dash at the fire wall ontop of the steering column. Its inside a bracket (all part of the switch) that screws down on those 2 little open spaces on the column at the firewall (interior side not engine bay). The normal round switch that goes inside a torquflight 727 with the 3 pins... doesnt go on this car, inside the gearbox its a neutral starter switch and therefor the reverse light switch (put in reverse and the reverse lights turn on) is on the column at the firewall under the dash. There are 2 little screws that are about 10mm long and maybe 2-3 mm wide.

In australia I checked many auto places. A: They never even seen a switch like that before and B: there is no screws like that.

Hmm

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

MTPOCKET

G-man

Heres a photo of the 2 screws I need for that reverse light switch.

bull

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 22, 2010, 02:46:17 PM

No hardware stores in your town?
:iagree: There's got to me something close to what you need at the local hardware store. I can see wanting to stay with originality but I think even the most demanding purist will sometimes fudge a little on the hidden stuff.

doctor4766

Quote from: G-man on September 23, 2010, 11:37:54 PM

If it means I gotta pull the column to get to those I'm afraid yer outta luck G-man..
Gotta love a '69

68r/t

If I remember right they are a 3/16 thread, I could be wrong.
Get  a 1/4 and a 3/16 bolt and see which one fits.

G-man

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 24, 2010, 02:29:40 AM
Quote from: G-man on September 23, 2010, 11:37:54 PM

If i means I gotta pull the column to get to those I'm afraid yer outta luck G-man..

Dont have to pull column out to get those screws out. We got them out with column in its place. The problem was the screws were without thread so it took forever to get them out as they would spin and not come out without a '3rd' hand levering the screw out while turning.