News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installation problems with Edelbrock intake/original pulleys

Started by yellocharge68, September 17, 2010, 01:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellocharge68

I have replaced the original intake with an Edelbrock rpm and 650 CFM Carb. for my 383. I included the Electric choke....Problem is I have my mechanic guy telling me that the original A/C Compressor won't fit with the original pulleys on this intake.... Anyone else done this and resolved it somehow...? I thought they would bolt up with no issues, but apparently not. Help.... I need to get it running as soon as possible... Any/all advise is appreciated.... thank you !! :flame:!
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

yellocharge68

BUMP....

Can anyone advise if I just pull the A/C off and replace that pulley/bracket, what I would need to keep it running ?  I know I need a belt to drive the Alternator, Water Pump and the Power steering Unit. I may sometime later install an aftermarket a/c unit.... but for now to get it running.... Help... Any advise, will be greatly appreciated !!!! :brickwall:

RD

bouchillon performance makes a idler pulley that will mount instead of your a/c compressor.  this way you can continue to use your current pulley setup with v/belts.

google the name to find the website.  they also offer non-a/c pulleys that will do what you need to.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

yellocharge68

yellocharge68

RD.....
     You are a genius... The folks at Bouchillon Performanc were very helpful, sourced the entire set up I needed and will only cost me $190.00 plus shipping.... Awesome..... Hopefully I will have the parts by the weekendand get this running by October 1, 2010..... with cooler weather here in T E X A S
  Very much appreciated and Thank You !!!!!!
:cheers:

RD

Quote from: yellocharge68 on September 21, 2010, 01:52:53 PM
RD.....
     You are a genius...

WOW!  um, i have been called many of things, but that one has not happened since I divorced my first wife.. of course I was called an idiot for marrying her after I said I do.. but oh well :D

glad I could be of help.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander