News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Por 15

Started by MORFF, September 23, 2010, 09:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

Ok I got my por15 6pack going to use it on the trunk extender panels on each side and clean my trunk frame rails and use it there any pointers of what to and what not to do. 
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

FLG

Por is PAINT OVER RUST.....and will not adhere well to clean surfaces

Do it the right way, get rid of the cancer....dont paint over it.

elacruze

Quote from: FLG on September 23, 2010, 10:33:16 AM
Por is PAINT OVER RUST.....and will not adhere well to clean surfaces

Do it the right way, get rid of the cancer....dont paint over it.

If you have good solid metal with surface rust, or just rust in the corners get what you can out mechanically with wire brushes/picks/shopvac. Then use Ospho on it, let sit for a day. Por 15 over the top, by the directions and you won't see rust again for a long time.

The problem is, you can't get every place from every angle so even with well-applied POR 15 rust will continue from some angle somewhere.
This is what led to my decision to remove the quarter panels from my car, knowing that I couldn't get behind them well enough to satisfy me.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

troutstreamnm

Follow the directions closely and don't apply to smooth surfaces.  This stuff is like nuclear paint when the surface is properly prepped, but it doesn't adhere well to smooth/slick surfaces.  That's my experience  :Twocents:
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

MORFF

TKS GUYS its mainly surface rust its not cancer yet but i have to take care of it now. One question what is ospho tks again for all input
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

elacruze

http://www.ospho.com/directions.htm

You should be able to find it at any marine store. A little goes a long way-I use it in a spray bottle for frames and such.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.