News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73/74 : Burn Notice Clone or Rallye clone?

Started by Axels73Charger, September 19, 2010, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burn Notice Clone or Rallye clone?

Burn Notice Clone
6 (46.2%)
Rallye clone
3 (23.1%)
Combo Rallye and Burn Notice Clone
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Axels73Charger

My search may be at a end finally. I have found a possible 73 Charger to buy. But as I think more and more about it I cant decide what to do.

In the TV show burn notice the Charger as it is called, is a base model 73 with a 6 pak hood scoop. Interior wise its got white buckets with a white base model steering wheel. So the interiors white. Dash is black and white. Its a COLUMN SHIFT. And here the problem comes in.

The charger Im looking at is a CONSOLE shift. So a perfect clone is out of the window... BUT I could make a 95% perfect clone... ok maybe its 98% but whatever.

Now I love the look of the rallye. And seeing the Charger Im looking at has a rallye dash (burn notice charger has base model dash... so it doesnt have a rallye dash.) So I started think I should make a rallye clone.

Or combo it and have the white interior with the tripple black and a flat black rallye stirpe. And have the scoop over the PBH?

What do you guys think?
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

Ghoste

Rallye

Why make a clone or copy of some one else's car?  Just build your Charger the way you want it to be.  :Twocents: 
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

chargergirl

Burn Notice car is sexy...so build your own sexy! Like Rallye said...build it the way you like it. I like the black with the white interior it's fresh. I get lots of people telling me to take my car to original...all I want is a cruiser and thankfully my guys are happy with that. They don't like my honey-comb rims but I do. Until we find something more fun than that I will keep them.
Trust your Woobie!

Axels73Charger

well the clone idea comes up coz i love the Burn Notice chargers look. plus im just stuck on whst i want to do...
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

Darkman

Make a Burn Notice clone with Rallye Upgrades
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Axels73Charger

so sway bars maybe the flat black rallye stripes and rallye dash? anything else?

jaak

Quote from: Darkman on September 19, 2010, 09:18:20 PM
Make a Burn Notice clone with Rallye Upgrades

:iagree: Just make a 'nicer' burn notice car the way you want. Lets take the General Lee for example, there are thousands of GL clones. Everyone is different, and everyone is nicer than any that was actually used on TV. All TV GL's were built in a day or two, sloppy body work, cheep paint job, spray-bombed interiors, etc. Another thing I notice on most GL clones, emblems and white letter tires, neither of which was on TV cars.
Point being, you can clone that car, but make upgrades to make it yours, the way you like it  :2thumbs:

Jason

Axels73Charger

The one thing I REALLY think it should have besides maybe a blacked out rallye dash. A flat black reflective rallye stripe! What DO you guys... and gal think?

chargergirl

Sounds like your dialing in your own car...sounds sexy!
Trust your Woobie!

Iron Chef

Just wanted to add a few things.  If you Google the Burn Notice car, it is said that it's a 1973 Charger Rallye, which I'm sure we all know it isn't.  It's a just a plain-jane Charger with the aforementioned Six Pack scoop.  :shruggy:

In some episodes (especially earlier ones) the scoop looks to be part of the hood (molded in) and in others it's clearly an added on scoop (I'm sure they have several cars).  Also, in a few episodes you'll see Michael Westen open the trunk, which turns out to be white inside.  So this Charger started out as white and was painted black.

Personally, I wouldn't want to clone the Burn Notice car.  It's just too ordinary.  If you can't find a Rallye, I'd try to find a regular Charger with as many Rallye options as possible and clone that.  For example, a column-shift would be a deal-breaker for me (others may like it...your preference).  Also, I'd want buckets and a Rallye dash.  Then add a white interior and a Six Pack scoop and you're good to go.

Oh...and you might want to make your scoop functional.  The Burn Notice one isn't.  :lol:
Most of your life should be "off the record."

ACUDANUT

You being 15 years old, It's going to take alot of time and money.  Either way, take your time and don't get ahead of yourself.  I think you should have bought a 71 Charger.  :D :nana: