News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

o.k.. 50 Chevy is sold, here i smy new toy that I am actually doing.

Started by Khyron, September 18, 2010, 10:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Khyron

hmm, would you be willing to meet me somewhere? or can you Pm me the address so I can see how far I need to drive. I really want those rims to work :) :) :)

The steering column is better then mine as well ... I went and printed your pics and compaired it to my stuff already hehehe

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

Dave  

Khyron

Haven't fallen asleep on this, i've been fixing up some more of the cab, will be working on the frame soon enough, just being a little anal about my cuts and cleaning it up, lots of primer to remove off this thing hehehe will post up pictures again soon. I got some steel to patch up the doors, I'll be most likely working on that tonight, had to pick up a few more tools...

always love an excuse to get more toys ;)

ohhh Tillar, I have a friend picking up a 38 chevy in Illinois, He may swing buy to grab those parts if thats cool, I'll get you more details.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

Dave  

darkfiire5000

Thats awesome I got a 37 chevy pickup that Im in the process of chopping, its taking me a lot longer then I would like :2thumbs:

Khyron

ahhh 37, it's a inch taller then mine, so take her down 3 inches... heheh

My problem was I measured and measured and re measured, finally I just had to cut the bitch LOL

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

darkfiire5000

Yah its a pain in the a$$, are you doing a stock rebuild or putting it on a a differnt frame????

Khyron

same frame, but I'll be Zing it. I want the old look, but that cab has GOT to get more towards the ground LOL

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on October 04, 2010, 11:13:05 PM
ahhh 37, it's a inch taller then mine, so take her down 3 inches... heheh

My problem was I measured and measured and re measured, finally I just had to cut the bitch LOL

just qouting this for use in a later thread...  :D   :lol:  :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Some updates, cleaned up the welds and leaded <all metal> the seams.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

Hmm, If that's the case I've had cars that had lots of character.   :D
Dave  

Khyron

update, so I bought my steel and im getting ready to get the frame done up. I've pulled the front axel to invert it and put it on top. I have ground out all the rivets holding the cross members in so I can begine to mock it up.

progress pics.

ohh, went to a swap meet this weekend and picked up a great looking grill from a 30's something Buick.... $20..... SCORE! it's in much better shape then the chevys was.

sorry for the cell phone pics :-(

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

front Axel inverted and mounted, disk break conversion complete, temp wheel son it to get an idea of the stance, I'm happy with it...

frame will be next :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Ya buddy keep the pics comming!  I am living vicariously thru you on this project.  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

ask and you shall recieve ;-)

The ECI Disk brake convertion was inexpensive and easy... I would recommend this option to anyone. The bracket kit costs $199...but I got mine with the truck ;-) all I had to do was buy Chevy camaro disks and calipers and brake pads... costs me a little over $100 :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

heheh mocked up a few things to see where im at... took it back apart and am now working on the frame... cut my first pieces tonight and made my first L sections.

picture of the height of the truck to me, still needs to go down more....

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RallyeMike

Having fun watching your project. Are you going to channel the cab or just rely on the Z? If you're taking suggestions, I vote for a mild channel.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Khyron

heheh well, im acually going for the Z, Im 6' and well, the 2 inch chop made it a little cramped, if i channel and raise the floor, it may get a bit tough in there heheheh

however, that being said, the frame is NOT cut quite yet, could always change my mind ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on October 23, 2010, 11:55:47 AM
of course, the Mopar ones are a bit more expensive.... maybe because the hub is custom made...

http://ecihotrodbrakes.com/dodge_plymouth_discbrake_conversions.html

ya but its a Chevy truck so you're keeping it Chevy. 

Khyron

removed rear end, springs and shackles last night. As you can see where the perches where was all rotted, time to plan out the cuts and how i'm going to mount the cab and drop the frame.

Charger gets kicked out into the cold when im working on the rod, and she doesn't liek it one bit. It's getting cold out.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

hot metal from welding leaves a 2nd degree burn.......

that is all for now ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.