News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

o.k.. 50 Chevy is sold, here i smy new toy that I am actually doing.

Started by Khyron, September 18, 2010, 10:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

O.k. finally got the frame Z'ed.... everything is up and bolted, didn't weld it yet because I wanted to square it up and make sure it stayed square, so i figured i'll bolt, adjust, add more bolts, re enforce it, then weld in and leave in the bolts, better safe then sorry ;)

I've cut the V's to add to the right angles. and will be fish plateing the angles and boxing in the rest. I have all the original cross members and they will be going in, by the end of the weekend I should have it all done.

Advice welcome :) ... the cab has been lowered a total of 6 inche's .... everything was mocked and is well above the scrub line so far ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

How much does that microwave get used?  :popcrn:

Oh, ya nice work!  :2thumbs:  You must not have little kids or you dont sleep at night. I thought "Z-ing" the frame was just like that, a letter Z.  I havent seen one in U shape before.  Got a picture with the body back on?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 05, 2010, 09:09:18 AM
How much does that microwave get used?  :popcrn:

Often.... hot pockets for the win :D

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 05, 2010, 09:09:18 AM
Oh, ya nice work!  :2thumbs:  You must not have little kids or you don't sleep at night. I thought "Z-ing" the frame was just like that, a letter Z.  I havent seen one in U shape before.  Got a picture with the body back on?

2 kids, and a wife, my son is 4 and daughter is 6... i just don't sleep at night, they go to bed at 8:00 and I'm usually in the garage till about 11 and sometimes as late as 1. There are a lot of different ways to Z a frame I've learned. when I finish Te braces you should see more of a Z ;)

I should have the cab on this weekend for mock up, tonight I'll be welding in some corner triangles, finish up a few support beams, and adding in some of the original cross members. I'm dieing to see the cab on it also, but I gotta be patient.... not my strong point ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Im starting to get better at this welding thing, almost look slike I know what im doing ;)

Work as of now, I just ran out of wire :-(

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

chargerman67

67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

chargerman67

67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

time to clean, fish plate, and add some boxing ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

darkfiire5000

Khyron

Same front Axle, it's just put on top of the springs instead of below them, took 4  1/2 inches off the height, The Rear Axle is from a camaro ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

O.k... for the most part the frame is done.... finally. I plated, bolted, and rewelded a few spots that i wasn't too happy with. Lots of trimming and gringing and banging to make most of it work the way I pictured, I gotta notch the back of the cab a bit... but what do you think?

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

greenpigs

Khyron...I thought you were in your 50's.  :shruggy:

Looks like you will have a nice ride & what do you think of your Hobart welder?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Khyron

hehe thanks ;-) naaa, not even in my 40's yet ;)

Love the welder, picked it up used from a friend for $100... never looked back, she'll melt up to a quarter inch with ease. Never welded on this scale before, thank god this thing compensates for my lack of skill :lol:

Ohh, she's a Hobart 135 in case I didn't mention that... or if the model number isn't too visable.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

greenpigs

OK...I am at the point now where nothing is left but body work and I need to get a welder. It has been 20 years since I welded and back in high school(auto body)we had the old style gas welder. The last few months of my senior year we got a wire one and I sucked using it, guess I better get some scrap metal to brush up.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 15, 2010, 09:57:46 AM
will the firewall get cut to clear the transmission?

not sure yet, haven't gotten a motor or trannie to mock up, not sure what I'm going to go with, depends on the good craigslist deals to be had ;) ... But with the stretch in the front, I should be able to keep a lot of the housing on the bell forward of he cab... we'll have to see.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

71green go

Khyron

ohh thanks for reminding me.... haven't gotten much else done, I'm working on now finding a donor vehicle to sacrifice for the good of the truck ;-)

ohhh

and I named her "Penny" ;-)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on December 01, 2010, 10:03:42 PM
ohh thanks for reminding me.... haven't gotten much else done, I'm working on now finding a donor vehicle to sacrifice for the good of the truck ;-)

ohhh

and I named her "Penny" ;-)

Penny?  thats not even in the top ten list of stripper names...   my last car was named "Misty"  (Mercury Mystique)  :icon_smile_big:

Khyron

Penny.... as in, I built her on Penny's :-)

"Penny Lane" I'm not a huge Beatles ... but it's a great car name ;-)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.