News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird feeder thief!

Started by RECHRGD, September 17, 2010, 10:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

The wife's' bird feeders have been disappearing lately and we assumed that raccoons were the culprits.  I got one of those motion activated game cameras to try and confirm our suspicions.  Ten minutes after putting the camera in place, this thing shows up, puts the feeder in his mouth and walks back into the woods.  I guess I owe the raccoons an apology.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

RECHRGD

A couple of more shots.
13.53 @ 105.32

moparstuart

wow nice catch , great pictures   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   now go get him    :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RD

well, i know in Alaska, i heard they put them down after they start doing such activities, OR relocate them.  better notify your local wildlife authority.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

tricky lugnuts

Awesome photos.  :o

I guess you do owe those raccoons an apology! That's a pretty brave bear . . .

twodko

Gotta love those cameras..............they're cheap and look what you get!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bakerhillpins

Black bears and bird feeders are a common issue here in NH. Its a common warning to all the new families that move that they should only have bird feeders out with the snow.  We got away with it for a few years. Then one day I looked out the shop window and found a black bear bouncing up and down on a 6" limb until the feeder broke off. He was maybe 10" from my head when I stuck it out (2nd floor) trying to figure out what kid was goofing off outside.

We don't put them out any more unless there is snow on the ground.   :lol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

4cruzin

WOW that is the biggest raccoon I've ever seen.   :D Are you in Canada?   :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

RECHRGD

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 17, 2010, 01:16:43 PM
Black bears and bird feeders are a common issue here in NH. Its a common warning to all the new families that move that they should only have bird feeders out with the snow.  We got away with it for a few years. Then one day I looked out the shop window and found a black bear bouncing up and down on a 6" limb until the feeder broke off. He was maybe 10" from my head when I stuck it out (2nd floor) trying to figure out what kid was goofing off outside.

We've lived here almost 20 years and never had this problem before.  But, the thing is obviously hanging around and getting used to being around this easy source of nutrition.  I'm going to put away the feeders until the snow flies and carry bear spray along with a 357 magnum for awhile.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

RECHRGD

Quote from: 4cruzin on September 17, 2010, 04:36:43 PM
WOW that is the biggest raccoon I've ever seen.   :D Are you in Canada?   :shruggy:

Almost-----NE Washington State.  Yea, we got some bad ass raccoons. :rofl:
13.53 @ 105.32

NHCharger

Black bears and bird feeders are a common issue here in NH.

:iagree: :iagree:

My wife was late for work on the first day of her new job. She took the dog for a walk and when she came back there was a bear laying in the front yard munching on the bird feeder. She had to go back down the road to find a neighbor to drive her and the dog home.
I'll have to check into buying one of the game cameras, looks pretty cool.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

dkn1997

Quote from: RECHRGD on September 17, 2010, 04:48:49 PM

We've lived here almost 20 years and never had this problem before.  But, the thing is obviously hanging around and getting used to being around this easy source of nutrition.  I'm going to put away the feeders until the snow flies and carry bear spray along with a 357 magnum for awhile.  Bob

I say you just got yourself a free rug and all it will cost you is some bullets and birdfeeder
RECHRGED

Alaskan_TA

They make great jerky.  :drool5:

Steaks too if they have not fed on salmon spawning in the creeks, it makes them taste fishy.

Consult you local game laws though.