News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FireCore plug wires-two thumbs up!

Started by elacruze, September 17, 2010, 02:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elacruze

I'm not usually a flag-waver for particular brands, but I have to say that Firecore spark plug wires are so far ahead of anything else I've ever installed that they deserve a note. I bought them from Ron for the 318 in my pickup, just a stock motor.
The wires are pre-numbered with plastic tags, so you don't have to label them and the tape won't come off later. Every plug wire was the perfect length to fit in the stock clips without pulling or having an annoying amount left over. I've never had a set of wires that fit like they were intended to, right out of the box. I didn't replace the old ones because I had any running problem, they were just old and a little stiff-but the truck starts noticeably easier and runs a little smoother down the road, too.

Thanks Ron! :cheers:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

SRT-440

Awesome! I'm getting a set real soon..it's good to hear more positive feed back. Should be a vast improvement over my old accels that had exposed wire all over the place.. :lol:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

SRT-440

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Nacho-RT74

thats the rate for the ohms by foot

plus 50s are 8.5 mm, and 250s are 8 mms
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

elacruze

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on September 17, 2010, 02:50:32 PM
50s or 250s ?

Mine are the 250's. They were just a bit snug in the stock valve cover clips, but not so much to worry me. Just had to roll them in a little.

I forgot to mention that the plug caps, distributor end caps and coil cap all fit the wires very tightly, had to two-finger-nail them down the wire after install. Snug on the terminals, the coil cap was snug enough to need me to bleed the air out a side to keep it from pushing off. Also included is dielectric terminal grease for the caps and ends. Super in every regard.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

Nacho-RT74

nice, I got those too... ( but they were unlabeled :P, maybe because they were custom ordered, since they don't had the 400/440 setup made to 73 and laters )

I trimed a little bit the wire clips

firefighter3931

Thanks for the feedback Eric.  :2thumbs: We like to hear that customers are pleased with the product. Rick has spent a lot of time sciencing out the various wire sets so the end user has a simple & hassle free installation.  :icon_smile_big:

When the stroker nears completion keep us in mind for a set of 8.5mm pro-fit wires. You will like those just as much....if not more.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

elacruze

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 17, 2010, 08:01:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback Eric.  :2thumbs: We like to hear that customers are pleased with the product. Rick has spent a lot of time sciencing out the various wire sets so the end user has a simple & hassle free installation.  :icon_smile_big:

When the stroker nears completion keep us in mind for a set of 8.5mm pro-fit wires. You will like those just as much....if not more.  ;)

Ron

You can bet I will. All I have to do first is figure out where the coil is going, the first edition with the Holley EFI will use an MSD and MP electronic distributor. The Electromotive ECU is designed for coil-per-cylinder, so I have to do some homework-I'd like to keep the distributor for visuals, but I don't know if I can accommodate a single coil. Otherwise I'll probably stick 'em on the valve covers like something modern and custom order short individual wires.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

firefighter3931

Neat project....looking forward to seeing it  :2thumbs:

Rick can do the individual wires no problemo. He has done several sets for the 3G hemis and brand X stuff that uses coil packs.  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

71charger_fan

I bought the RobbMc cap adapter a couple of years ago and Firecore wires to fit at Carlisle '09 and finally installed them last weekend. I replaced a set of Taylors that had less then 2,000 miles on them. The Firecores seem to grip onto the plugs much more firmly and I really like the Magnum distributor cap instead of the old socket-style cap.

W4ATL

I agree. I bought some custom length since I wanted good clearance around the engine. Excellent product.